Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionLoad DataInline FabricationReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Pearl Harbor Day: 7 December 1941

Moderator Emeritus

Pearl Harbor Day: 7 December 1941

Today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day, also referred to as Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day or Pearl Harbor Day, observed annually in the United States on December 7, to remember and honor the 2,403 Americans who were killed in the Japanese surprise attack on Pearl Harbor in Hawaii on December 7, 1941, which led to the United States declaring war on Japan the next day and thus entering World War II.

I was most saddened to not hear a mention of this day which affected the world -- so many of our fathers, grandfathers, and others close to us -- not necessarily at Pearl Harbor at the time, but in the resultant many battles -- on either our local WCBS affiliate local news station, nor any mention by Lester Holt and the WNBC news!

My heart and prayers of thanks of all who served following this brutal attack. As the DAV voices, "We ARE the land of the free because of the brave!"

My thanks to all veterans (still with us) as well as their families!
    geo

Boolit Master
    Yes

I put my flag out in honor and remembrance. Fox mentioned it, ran FDR's "day of infamy" and broadcast the memorial from Hawaii. I don't watch CBS, NBC, or ABC.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    It is a Sorry State of affairs That most people Have no Idea what this day Realy was. My father and his brothers served and went In before Pearl. several extended family, were all in also. Now It means nothing to most
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Buddy
    My Grandfather lost a ship there and another 2 more in the North Atlantic.

I work at a "defense contractor" now and they didn't even see fit to mention it. Not sure they mentioned 9/11 at the last passing though. We do get all the alt lifestyle stuff though.............

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    My great Aunt set up a triage in her living room that morning. She was a PanAm transoceanic flight attendant based in Honolulu. She had to be an RN then . She was drafted at the hospital for over a week .
    My Grandfather was Civil Service and had gone to Honolulu in June , my Grandmother joined him in November.
    He had done his Navy time 1936-38' , he spent 2 days rigging power to try to get pumps going and a day of rescue .
    Grandmother spent 11 days in the HS gym not knowing if Grandpa or her Sister in-law made it or not .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .