Load DataRepackboxReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Wideners

Thread: M39 Finn scout scope

Boolit Bub

M39 Finn scout scope

Okay, I am finally pulling the trigger. Getting the BadAce ultra low profile scout mount for my 39 , what are your thoughts on this scope Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opplanet-hi-lux-optics-2-7x32mm-long-eye-relief-riflescope-w-2-plex-reticle-ler27x32-lw-rs-hilu-.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	307760 its the HiLux 2 x 7 ,,,,, are there other options in the price range ???

Thanks in advance !!!

Boolit Master
    I have one on my Finn 28/30.
    I like it especially the Bad Ace Mount
    I also have one of those scopes that I use on several Mauser 98's

Boolit Master
    I have had HiLux scopes, some good some junk.

Boolit Master

Make sure you know the eye relief as there is limited movement to position the scope. The NcStar 2-7x32 has 8.7" of eye relief at 7x. Closer is better than some LER scopes that have 10" of 12" of eye relief.

The one problem with the Finn m/39 are those protective "ears" on the rear sight base. They limit how low you can mount the scope via ring height.

The one thing that's right about the Finn m/39 is the rear sight base makes an excellent platform for mounting a scope mount. The only possible difficulty will be removing that metric M4 setscrew. They often get soldered in place and require heat to unsolder.

There's more air space that I'd like with these rings. But this photo shows the problem with the Finn m/39.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Make sure you know the eye relief as there is limited movement to position the scope. The NcStar 2-7x32 has 8.7" of eye relief at 7x. Closer is better than some LER scopes that have 10" of 12" of eye relief.

The one problem with the Finn m/39 are those protective "ears" on the rear sight base. They limit how low you can mount the scope via ring height.

The one thing that's right about the Finn m/39 is the rear sight base makes an excellent platform for mounting a scope mount. The only possible difficulty will be removing that metric M4 setscrew. They often get soldered in place and require heat to unsolder.

There's more air space that I'd like with these rings. But this photo shows the problem with the Finn m/39.

Hey Dutchman ,,, I think I have seen your stuff before !! ,,, you made this type of mount correct ? It was the reason I went with the BadAce mount. That and the ability to mount the back up blade on the rail. I see what your saying about the eye relief. It seems if I snuggle into the stock, the 8 inch eye relief would be better than the 10. Is the eye relief on the NC star in the 8 inch range thru all the power range ? Did you run one of the NC Star scopes before ? How did they hold up ? The BDC reticle on the Hi Lux is nice but the eye relief is more important in my view.

I check the grub screw on the sight base , mine came right out !!! I have a spare front sight blade that is fairly high, I imagine I could set the back up blade to zero the iron in at whatever range I want.

Thanks in advance,

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by trail troll View Post
    Hey Dutchman ,,, I think I have seen your stuff before !! ,,, you made this type of mount correct ? It was the reason I went with the BadAce mount. That and the ability to mount the back up blade on the rail. I see what your saying about the eye relief. It seems if I snuggle into the stock, the 8 inch eye relief would be better than the 10. Is the eye relief on the NC star in the 8 inch range thru all the power range ? Did you run one of the NC Star scopes before ? How did they hold up ? The BDC reticle on the Hi Lux is nice but the eye relief is more important in my view.

I check the grub screw on the sight base , mine came right out !!! I have a spare front sight blade that is fairly high, I imagine I could set the back up blade to zero the iron in at whatever range I want.

Thanks in advance,
    I can't really say how the NcStar scopes hold up. I have maybe 8 of them. I test fire the rifle then move onto the next one so I generally buy another scope instead of moving them around. Also can't say about the eye relief staying at 8.7" with lower powers. Never tried! I just leave them at 7x.

The owner of Badace and I had email back and forth about the m/39 mount. The one shown is my own but I have one of the Badace mounts, including some for other rifles he sent me.

Dutch