Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RepackboxWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Handgun hunting magazine

Handgun hunting magazine

This might have been addressed before but is there a magazine worth reading that is devoted to handgun hunting? I have seen all the tactical rifle articles in today's magazines to last me a life time. That is fine for those shooters who are into that sort of rifle/handgun/shotgun but there are plenty of magazines and articles devoted to that to keep everyone who is interested happy.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

J.D. Jones , SSK owner, used to publish the SIXGUNNER . I wrote 3 or 4 articles for him during the 80s about
    handgun hunting here in Alaska. One was about a brown bear that I took with my S&W M 29, and another
    was about a 40” Dall sheep that I got with my Ruger Redhawk.
    John Linebaugh published a magazine for a short time, that included some handgun hunting articles.
    I don,t know of any current publications that are devoted to handgun hunting.

Bob

Boolit Grand Master

I assume you've read American Handgunner and don't like the articles in that?

Quote Originally Posted by BRobertson View Post
    J.D. Jones , SSK owner, used to publish the SIXGUNNER . I wrote 3 or 4 articles for him during the 80s about
    handgun hunting here in Alaska. One was about a brown bear that I took with my S&W M 29, and another
    was about a 40” Dall sheep that I got with my Ruger Redhawk.
    John Linebaugh published a magazine for a short time, that included some handgun hunting articles.
    I don,t know of any current publications that are devoted to handgun hunting.

Bob
    Heck I’ll have find those and read them. Sounds right up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I assume you've read American Handgunner and don't like the articles in that?
    I have and it is ok, but it's been a long time ago and I am looking for something more devoted to revolvers and hunting oriented. I guess that is maybe too specialized to devote an entire magazine to it. Handloader has Layne Simpson and Brian Pearce who are handgun hunters and great writers in their own right as is Mike Vinturino although he has about given up hunting. He is a dedicated caster and a wealth of info as well. The Rifle side of Wolf has slipped a bit IMHO.
    As I think about it now, It is hard to beat this site for accurate reading about real life hunting experiences and handguns with cast boolits.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Buddy

Mark Hampton writes the Handgun Hunting column for American Handgunner. He does hunt with handguns all over the world, but mostly with bolt action and break action guns chambered for rifle calibers. Totally helpful if you want to hunt Ibex in Tajikistan with an Encore in 308. Not much use for those using revolvers, handloaded ammo with cast, chasing critters in the US.

Boolit Master
    Maybe they could start a sub-forum on here just for that purpose?

Boolit Bub
    Look up HHI. They’ve started producing the ‘Sixgunner’ again. Eat of all you can get the magazine sent to your email for free. It’s good reading because it’s written by the members.

Boolit Buddy

https://www.handgunhuntersinternatio...ssic-sixgunner

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk