RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWidenersLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: BCB Bullet Coat from South Africa

Boolit Mold

BCB Bullet Coat from South Africa

Has anyone tried BCB Bullet Coat from South Africa? There is very little information on YouTube or online forums, but what I've found seems to indicate that it's easier to apply than Hi-Tec, has better coverage and thermal performance and doesn't stick or clump together during baking. Also has better choice of colors than Hi-Tec. Seems to be quite popular in South Africa and Europe.

https://www.bcbcoating.com

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...5&action=click

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...38&action=view

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...72&action=view

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...14&action=view

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=30calshooter;5497344]Has anyone tried BCB Bullet Coat from South Africa?

Yes, used a fair amount if it I. Several colors

There is very little information on YouTube or online forums, but what I've found seems to indicate that it's easier to apply than Hi-Tec,

No, not really.

has better coverage

Yes, because its more conce trated

and thermal performance and doesn't stick or clump together during baking

Not really true...

. Also has better choice of colors than Hi-Tec.

True, but many colors darken dramatically so they look close to black

Seems to be quite popular in South Africa and Europe.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Boolit Man
    [QUOTE=10sandxs;5497420]
    Quote Originally Posted by 30calshooter View Post
    Has anyone tried BCB Bullet Coat from South Africa?

Yes, used a fair amount if it I. Several colors

There is very little information on YouTube or online forums, but what I've found seems to indicate that it's easier to apply than Hi-Tec,

No, not really.

has better coverage

Yes, because its more conce trated

and thermal performance and doesn't stick or clump together during baking

Not really true...

. Also has better choice of colors than Hi-Tec.

True, but many colors darken dramatically so they look close to black

Seems to be quite popular in South Africa and Europe.

I found that it was easier to apply than HiTec. My first coat of HiTec always was spotty and very thin. BCB covered the bullet pretty evenly on the first coat . It doesn't stick together on a baking screen better or worse, but since the coat is thicker It can be harder to dry if you have a large pile on a screen.

Boolit Bub
    [QUOTE=Thomas918;5497623]
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sandxs View Post

I found that it was easier to apply than HiTec. My first coat of HiTec always was spotty and very thin. BCB covered the bullet pretty evenly on the first coat . It doesn't stick together on a baking screen better or worse, but since the coat is thicker It can be harder to dry if you have a large pile on a screen.
    I agree 100%! BCB goes on wayyyy better than hitek!

Boolit Master

I didn't find it any different in applying it than HiTek. With the HT the first coat is supposed to be very thin. The BCB has way more pigment in it so it appears to cover better with the first coat. I was excited with the new and different color options for the BCB, so I ordered some colors to try. the coating process was fine and the BCB went on great. However, I was disappointed that both colors I tired came out with a very matte finish, not like the pictures on the website. Very unappealing and wasn't able to figure out why they came out that way? They shot fine but still looked bad. Went back to HT for better looking bullets.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Intel6 View Post
    I didn't find it any different in applying it than HiTek. With the HT the first coat is supposed to be very thin. The BCB has way more pigment in it so it appears to cover better with the first coat. I was excited with the new and different color options for the BCB, so I ordered some colors to try. the coating process was fine and the BCB went on great. However, I was disappointed that both colors I tired came out with a very matte finish, not like the pictures on the website. Very unappealing and wasn't able to figure out why they came out that way? They shot fine but still looked bad. Went back to HT for better looking bullets.
    I sent you a message because I'm pretty sure what the issue was for ya

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    I sent you a message because I'm pretty sure what the issue was for ya
    Care to share?? Inquiring individual want to know

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sandxs View Post
    Care to share?? Inquiring individual want to know

I wanted to see if I was right or wrong before posting on the open forum. I haven’t heard anything back from them though yet.

I’ll also need to take time and write out my exact steps I take to get them to look like they do when I’m done which is much nicer then any hi tek coated bullet imo

Boolit Master

I wanted to see if I was right or wrong before posting on the open forum. I haven’t heard anything back from them though yet.

I’ll also need to take time and write out my exact steps I take to get them to look like they do when I’m done which is much nicer then any hi tek coated bullet imo
    Sorry, I don't get on this forum as regularly as I would like. I just answered your PM and as I said lets discuss this on this thread (or the other one) so we can figure it out. As I said, I really like some of the colors BCB makes and would really like to get this to work so I could use them.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry, I don't get on this forum as regularly as I would like. I just answered your PM and as I said lets discuss this on this thread (or the other one) so we can figure it out. As I said, I really like some of the colors BCB makes and would really like to get this to work so I could use them.
    You MUST tumble them after sizing... 5-10 mins and then they will look a lot better and smoother! Much nicer then any HT coated ones!

Boolit Master

You MUST tumble them after sizing... 5-10 mins and then they will look a lot better and smoother! Much nicer then any HT coated ones!
    I will give that a try, hard not to try out such a simple solution. I was thinking you added something to them and then tumbled or something like that. Thanks for the info!

Boolit Bub
    I will give that a try, hard not to try out such a simple solution. I was thinking you added something to them and then tumbled or something like that. Thanks for the info!
    Welcome! Yeah I know it does seem so simple and it’s crazy how that simple of a thing does make them come out so much better!