RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading

Thread: Stoeger Condor basic model 12 ga over under any good?

Stoeger Condor basic model 12 ga over under any good?

Hi all!

I am considering getting a new shotgun. I want a user 12 ga double barrel that I can afford!

Stoeger makes a Condor over/under, nothing fancy, synthetic stock for about $299. Anyone have a yea or nay on the subject?

By the way, I want to hunt whitetail with it. Plan on using slug for first shot followed up by buckshot if needed.

Where I hunt, we rarely see anything more than 50 yards away, either too much cover, or hilly terrain.

I have been successful with rifle, muzzleloader, bow-both compound and cross, and would like to use a shotgun for a while. I do have a nice pump but have never used a double barrel.
    Just knowing enough to do it, is not enough to do it right! -Taz

I had one. $299.00 is what I paid for it 20 years ago and thought it was a good price then. Mine had a nice wood stock, fit and finish was very good, and was a very nice looking gun for the money. I didn't put a high round count through it, maybe 300 or so with no problems. My son still has it in Alaska, and it's still shooting just fine.
    Deplorable infidel

If it has the single trigger you got to keep it clean. The recoil of first shot needs to reset the trigger for 2nd shot. It's not hard to keep it clean.

The name seems familiar to me, anyway I had an inexpensive Italian o/u (double triggers) I think was a Stoger import, nice gun and fit me well. Probably wasn't made of the finest materials to stand up to a life of trap or skeet shooting, but would likely last the average hunter a lifetime.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had a Stoeger 12g pump for a number of years. I don't use it a ton but I've never had a problem with it. Takes Benelli chokes, I think although it came with 5.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Stoeger has a model called the "Condor Outback". #31082 that has 20" bbls and comes with open sights. It sounds like exactly what you need. https://stoegerindustries.com/shotgu...tback-shotguns.

If you are going to Slug Hunt with a shotgun, you need Sights! and this model has them already installed. They also have screw in choke tubes so you could get two rifled tubes and have good accuracy as well..

Randy
    Last edited by W.R.Buchanan; 12-31-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master

I had one that I used for skeet. High round count and no problems. Some of the early ones had brittle firing pins that broke, but I haven't heard of that problem for a long time. It was a good accurate shotgun. I shot my very first 25 straight with it.

Boolit Mold
    My BIL has one. Recoil does'nt set the trigger anymore. He likes it,hits pretty good with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russel View Post
    My BIL has one. Recoil does'nt set the trigger anymore. He likes it,hits pretty good with it too.
    That sounds like the one I had.
    But it did it after a box or two of shells.
    Slap the recoil pad to cock the second barrel.
    While pointed down range of course.
    I let mine go with full disclosure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk