RepackboxWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renewing carry permit

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    The Honolulu Police Department does not "recognize" them as being a viable source of education. There ARE NRA certified instructors on the outer Islands of Maui and Hawaii, BUT HPD will NOT accept their credentials!
    Time to contact a gun rights organization and file a lawsuit against them!
    The courts have to consider all gun control laws in historical perspective since the last Supreme Court decision.

Boolit Master
    Just a bit of a follow up on my permit renewal.
    I have had my carry permit for decades. Pennsylvania does not require permit applicants to attend any type of formal training to get a carry permit. Pennsylvania is a shall issue state, so all that is required is that you submit an application and pass the background check.
    The permit currently costs $20 and is good for five years.

As an addendum...last evening a young man was shot multiple times on one of tte streets in downtown York, Pa. Police report that he was shot multiple times and was targeted. Apparently, he died at the scene.

Newspaper reports this murder as the 21st in the city of York, Pa. this year.

Boolit Master

I love drug dealers killing each other. No loss to society there, it is when they do collateral damage that I feel sad.

Boolit Master

I've always had a problem with state or local governments charging you for your exercising your constitutional right. I sure am glad Ohio and West Virginia got rid of that nonsense.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Buddy
    We've now long had constitutional carry in the 49th state, but I continue to renew my permit every 5 years. It used to cost something like $125 to renew but I think the last couple times it was either free or some nominal cost. This state continues to lose population, and by and large I would recommend it to anyone thinking of relocating from a Lower 48 state. I've been here 50 years now and the hunting and fishing is as good as when I got here. The internet, jet travel, health care technology and many other aspects of American life have all made any inconvenience derived from remoteness to pretty much go away. The state has no statewide sales or income tax but some of the cities have a sales tax. Yes, there are shortcomings in living here, and whether the advantages outweigh the disadvantages is of course a personal decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12