MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Renewing carry permit

Boolit Master

Cool Renewing carry permit

Hi...
    After submitting my carry permit form by mail last week, I received an email that I had been approved for renewal.
    Normally this requires me to travel to the county seat and go into the judicial center where the county sheriff office is located.
    However, apparently the county has set up a satellite facility well outside the city limits where renewals can be done for those permit holders that would like to avoid the city.
    There is an ongoing drug turf war in York, Pa. with regular shootings and murders on an almost daily basis, so I was quite happy to avoid going into the city to renew my permit.
    The sheriff deputies at the satellite facility seemed very happy to be posted there on a monthly rotation basis and were very professional and congenial.

I was happy not to have to drive into the city, find a parking place and then walk to the judicial center unarmed as there are no firearms permitted in the judicial center.
    Nice to avoid the risk of being carjacked or having my vehicle vandalized or being caught in a crossfire between rival drug gangs.
    And, yes...all of those things have happened to people in the last month along with multiple homes and vehicles being struck by gunfire many times in broad daylight.
    This drug turf war has been going on for several years. The police and city officials seem unable or unwilling to stop the gangs and the violence. Sometimes it seems like they are ignoring it. Nobody in the community seems to be willing to stand up against the criminal element including city officials, community and religious leaders or even the police. A person might suspect that they fear reprisals from the gangs if they speak out too loudly. A suspicious minded person such as myself might be led to believe that somebody or maybe many somebody's are being paid off.

As for myself, I live well out in the semi rural part of the county and have no need to travel to the county seat now that my carry permit can be renewed at the relatively new satellite facility.

Good for you, sad for the country. Had a double shooting last week about 5 miles from where I was raised. 16 and a 19yr old in a car. And drugs are 90% of the issue.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Good to hear. In my neck of the woods, the polytishens and the local gestapo will ONLY accept completed forms for CCW. The forms have to have the name of the NRA Certified instructor that certified you. The only problem is that the City and County have NOT certified ANY instructors and will not accept certifications from anywhere else! I already have a CCW from another State but the local goobermint will not recognize it.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    Good to hear. In my neck of the woods, the polytishens and the local gestapo will ONLY accept completed forms for CCW. The forms have to have the name of the NRA Certified instructor that certified you. The only problem is that the City and County have NOT certified ANY instructors and will not accept certifications from anywhere else! I already have a CCW from another State but the local goobermint will not recognize it.
    What state is this?

Boolit Master
    Sounds like Hawaii
    Last edited by Hossfly; 12-05-2022 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government..... When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson

And they wonder why law abiding citizens want to carry a gun. We are becoming like a Third World country.

As Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain".

Here, you take the one day course, fill out the application when you're done, and they send it to Austin.

A few days later, you get your license in the mail and it's good for four years. They use the picture off your driver's license.
    For renewal, the state mails you a bill, you write a check & return it. A few days later, you get your new 4 year license.
    After 10 years, you need to requalify at a certified range, but not take the class room part again.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 375supermag View Post
    Hi...
    After submitting my carry permit form by mail last week, I received an email that I had been approved for renewal.
    Normally this requires me to travel to the county seat and go into the judicial center where the county sheriff office is located.
    However, apparently the county has set up a satellite facility well outside the city limits where renewals can be done for those permit holders that would like to avoid the city.
    There is an ongoing drug turf war in York, Pa. with regular shootings and murders on an almost daily basis, so I was quite happy to avoid going into the city to renew my permit.
    The sheriff deputies at the satellite facility seemed very happy to be posted there on a monthly rotation basis and were very professional and congenial.

I was happy not to have to drive into the city, find a parking place and then walk to the judicial center unarmed as there are no firearms permitted in the judicial center.
    Nice to avoid the risk of being carjacked or having my vehicle vandalized or being caught in a crossfire between rival drug gangs.
    And, yes...all of those things have happened to people in the last month along with multiple homes and vehicles being struck by gunfire many times in broad daylight.
    This drug turf war has been going on for several years. The police and city officials seem unable or unwilling to stop the gangs and the violence. Sometimes it seems like they are ignoring it. Nobody in the community seems to be willing to stand up against the criminal element including city officials, community and religious leaders or even the police. A person might suspect that they fear reprisals from the gangs if they speak out too loudly. A suspicious minded person such as myself might be led to believe that somebody or maybe many somebody's are being paid off.

As for myself, I live well out in the semi rural part of the county and have no need to travel to the county seat now that my carry permit can be renewed at the relatively new satellite facility.
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, has gun fire every day and every night, with demorats in power, the crime element is rampant, has grown bolder by the day.
    Defund the police is working ! Now if you have a problem call a Plumer ?? Cops don't seem to be in any hurry to answer any calls.... Now if a white shoots a black, brown, grat, pink, yellow, purple, that's news for 7 days Strate. Not even a mention if one of the black, brown, gray, pink, yellow, purple, green, shoots a white.....

Boolit Master

drugs and gangs are a problem here too. our "leaders" don't have the balls to do what is necessary to clean up the town (seattle). the liberal "progressives" have taken over and the result has been a huge increase in shootings, drug crimes and stealing.
    Death to every foe and traitor and hurrah, my boys, for freedom !

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    drugs and gangs are a problem here too. our "leaders" don't have the balls to do what is necessary to clean up the town (seattle). the liberal "progressives" have taken over and the result has been a huge increase in shootings, drug crimes and stealing.
    Could it be, that it might be time again, for the people, to get a rope and find a tree ???

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hossfly View Post
    Sounds like Hawaii
    Exactly!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Buddy
    I renewed mine on line was completed and new card issued in about a 3week period but this is Oklahoma and we have Constitutional carry but I drive a Semi fuel tanker and cross state lines from time to time so the c/c permit comes in handy when pulled over for inspection out of state.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    As Bill Clinton would say, "I feel your pain".

Here, you take the one day course, fill out the application when you're done, and they send it to Austin.

A few days later, you get your license in the mail and it's good for four years. They use the picture off your driver's license.
    For renewal, the state mails you a bill, you write a check & return it. A few days later, you get your new 4 year license.
    After 10 years, you need to requalify at a certified range, but not take the class room part again.
    In Hochul's New York, renewal was every 5 years, accomplished by an internet application, with no fee. Now it is every three years.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Permits are no longer needed here in Montana. I will keep mine current though, just to expedite buying guns and out of state travel.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

I did mine online for my third renewal for Texas.

Constitutional carry here in NH - but I renewed my permit anyway.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    Google search turned up Level 1 training in Hawaii and they are NRA certified!

Boolit Master
    Permits not required to carry here in Iowa, but having one sure speeds up the process of buying.

Boolit Master

Yep, don't need one in NH but I keep renewing mine for all the other states that honor it. The last 2 renewals the Chief of PD brought to the house when ready. I think because he stops and has coffee with us as there is nowhere to get one after 6 o'clock near our town.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Google search turned up Level 1 training in Hawaii and they are NRA certified!
    The Honolulu Police Department does not "recognize" them as being a viable source of education. There ARE NRA certified instructors on the outer Islands of Maui and Hawaii, BUT HPD will NOT accept their credentials!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast