Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: 35 Remington Plinking loads

Boolit Master

35 Remington Plinking loads

What have you found to be accurate using 150-175 PB boolits pushed by Red Dot, Unique, Clays HS-7?

Nosey minds want to know
    Last edited by TCLouis; 12-05-2022 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Change wording
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master

My old rememberer says a friend and I did some test a few years ago along the lines of the same subject. Our objective was to see how much Red Dot it took with a 160 grain cast bullet to keep the brass headspace from shrinking. We didn't want to lose any brass as 35 brass is hard to come by as I'm sure you know. The findings are in my friends notes as it was his rifle but it seems it was about 7 grains of Red Dot. I hope this helps you along your way.
    Take care, and good Luck,
    Rick

I am using 8.5 gr Red or Aliant E3 with a 158 gr LEE FN (no check) it is 1,350 fts ish in my 350 Rem Mags. I was trying to emulate a 357 Mag rifle velocity.

So as stated by RickinTN 7 gr of a fast powder the smaller 35 Rem case would probably be a good starting point.

Boolit Master
    My Meager Notes on pistol bullets in 35 Rem. Indicates that 10.0 gr Unique worked with 158 SWC with a Check and 8.0 grains Unique Without Check.. Both are Noted as a Bit "dirty"
    Both a 155 SWCHP with a Check, and a 158 SWC without a Check clocked the same 1000fps with 5.0 gr of red Dot..
    The PB load has a Star next to it...which I used to use when I liked a load for some reason that I never Noted!!!! Great job huh???

4.5 grains of Red Dot, pistol primer, 158 grain SWC sized .360" for Microgroove. Don't recall ever getting shoulder pushback, but it was a loooong time ago.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Grand Master

My standard plinking/small game load for my 35 Rem is the Lee 356-120-TC [they drop at .358 and are just lubed in a .358 H&I die] over 5 gr of Bullseye. Runs 1170 fps out of my 26" barreled rifle and is very accurate and deadly.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla