RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Monday, January 09

For Thought and Meditation - Monday, January 09

Good morning all. Forward, always forward. Have a safe and blessed day.

Alert, Aware, and Advancing
    by Greg Laurie on Jan 9, 2023

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places
    —Ephesians 6:12

Some people are surprised to find that it isn’t easy being a Christian. Once we put our faith in Christ, we immediately find that we have an adversary, the devil, who wants to bring us down.

The spiritual battle rages every day, and this battle will not end until we’re safe in the arms of Jesus.

Writing to Timothy, the apostle Paul said, “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing” (2 Timothy 4:7–8 NLT).

The word that Paul used for “fight” pointed to the Greek contests in which men would struggle against each other with all their might.

This reminds us that the Christian life is a constant process of moving forward. And the moment we stop moving forward, we will start moving backward. Thus, we need to put our armor on. We need to suit up.

Ephesians 6 tells us, “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places” (verses 11–12 NLT).

Wouldn’t it be great to think that we could reach a plateau in our lives as believers where we are somehow above all temptations and struggles? But that isn’t going to happen. The fight will rage on until that final day.

So, we need to keep our armor on. We need to stay alert and aware and be constantly moving forward.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

I think the Catholic Church got one thing right, OK, a lot more than one, but one related to this. They define the enemy as "The World, the flesh, and the devil". Since only 1/3 of the angels fell, and since Satan is not God, if the world and the flesh will do his job, he doesn't have to become active in our lives. I think he's got the world and the flesh doing a good job here, so we don't see him all that active in America. It's not because we're better, believe me.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, the spiritual battle is an every day battle and we have to put on the whole armor of God!