RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It’s that time of year again

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Wasn’t me knocking deer nocturnal imo it was my neighbors that came in with a bobcat banging trees opening morning. It was right where they were bedding every morning and afternoon during bow season. I always see a half dozen deer every time I’m out but this year the deer, and I, got harassed off my property. They only tracks I’ve seen are small first year guys. Hopefully they settle down and start coming back in today or tomorrow. Anterless only yet today and tomorrow yet. We had some some snow and icy conditions so I’m waiting to see it the roads get cleared up by this afternoon and if so I’ll venture out. If not we have a holiday hunt from the 24th through the 1st. I’m normally out of town for the holidays but if I get back early I’ll try it. It’s my cast boolit testing time on deer.

Versa-06, I did the same thing in spot down below. I opened it up and tried to plant clover in the area. The clover never came up. I have very little traffic through the area after I opened it up. It use to be a deer highway before I cleared it. They still come up the 6’ wide path behind where I cleared but not through the widened area. I have watched them walk around the opened up area during rifle season. I’ll let it grow back in next spring.

I still have a fully processed deer in the freezer from last year yet so I am over stocked on venison for a one guy feed bag. I am donating last years venison to a buddy. I normally don’t eat 2 deer a year unless I start making jerky like a mad man…which I need to start doing again.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 12-10-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Last day of doe season today. Never saw one set of tracks in 2 day old snow on the way to my stand. Zero deer saw during my sit. Hopefully I get a chance to get out during our anterless holiday hunt.

Boolit Grand Master
    I saw tracks unfortunately never saw what made them
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Think I need to plant some corn next year. Imo they moved to the food source which are the harvested corn fields about a mile or so away. Don’t know if I’ll get out during the holiday hunt because I’m always out of town at that time.

Boolit Grand Master
    I plan on smoking as many as I can
    I might just get 1 that doesn't have CWD
    scurge of the woods seriously possible for me to get 4-5 and maybe 6 antlerless deer
    should get 1 good one you would think
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12