Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many Guns Have You Lost by Accident or had stolen ?

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

How Many Guns Have You Lost by Accident or had stolen ?

How many guns have you lost by accident or had stolen ? I can remember ten, if I include the one my ex wouldn’t turn over after our divorce. Maybe she had already sold it like a lot of my other stuff. Two lost in rivers and the rest were just plain stolen.

Boolit Grand Master

None. May the streak continue!
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    One! I won't bore you with the story, but make sure and report them as lost or stolen so if they are used in a crime you can avoid questioning!

None, thank God !

Banned
    Now this is embarrassing and I hesitate to tell anyone , but late one night about a month ago I was robbed by a 7ft tall blue duck wearing a rainbow wig and a Hitler mustache ..... it stole every fire arm I owned .
    It's beady little eyes and terrifying quack of doom still haunt me .

I've been to scared of a repeat visit to even think about ever owning a fire arm ever again

Boolit Master
    Just one. A Remington 341P many years ago, stolen by one of my daughters' friends while I was out of town. I didn't have any proof and the police couldn't do much without evidence or witnesses. The gun was there, then it was gone and he was never seen again.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Had a Colt Andaconda 44 mag with a 8 3/4” barrel and Savage Stryker chambered in 7-08 stollen. This happened back in the 90’s. It happened right before Colt announced they weren’t selling to the public. Savage has a Tasco optic and a custom muzzle brake installed. Found the guy thanks to me finding finger prints. It was soneone I knew since I was a kid and grew up with. He was already in jail at the time. He sold them for drug money. Never were recovered. I still have the serial numbers somewhere and sure would like to find them someday. I bought a replacement Colt a few months later and they Stryker never was replaced. The Stryker was a Christmas present from my parents.

Boolit Buddy
    0 zero

Boolit Grand Master
    Not yet
    Don Verna

Been very lucky, none here lost or stolen.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master

One if you include air guns.
    I had a Benjamen air pistol stolen that my dad bought me when I was 8.

Just one, a Ruger P89DC. It was the very first pistol my late wife and I bought. We came home one day and discovered that our apartment had been broken into and it and several other things were taken. Never recovered.

Many years later, I was able to buy a new one for the sake of nostalgia. Now, they're harder to find.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Many if you count what there're worth in trade at the LGS!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

zero so far -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Master
    Sadly, over the decades,, before I got a safe & such, due to break-ins & all, a total of 5. Two (individually) break-ins at my (two) homes, one out of a vehicle, (by a "friend" who claimed he thought I got it,) and two by a different friend who had borrowed them, then later claimed someone broke in & stole them from his house. I was able to report all but the one gun taken from the vehicle,, even thought I tried to. Police said "no evidence." The two "friends" who stole from me stopped being my friends,, AND has made me less likely to allow a friend to borrow a gun.
    I still have copies of police reports, insurance reports, serial numbers, & details to prove they left my control w/o my knowledge. COMPLETE details,, listing names, dates, times etc.

Boolit Master
    fishing in a fishouse. left the pistol on a counter top so as not to loose it. I got done fishing and started to clean up for the day. I put the shield in the inner breast pocket of my jacket. I leaned over the last hole to close it up. I SAw a splash and there went the shield down the hole (It never hit the edge of the ice) I tried for several days to snag the pistol with a large magnet. But with 5 foot of silt I didn't have a chance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by recumbent View Post
    0 zero
    me too

I've not had any lost or stolen...I don't think I'd take too kindly to that.

I once bought a new Milwaukee hole shooter, hadn't even pulled the tag off of it and some low life broke into the truck side bin tool box and took only the new drill motor...I think I could beat the dog poo out of them today at 72. I'm still pee-o'ed about that...I just hate a sneak thief!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Yes I have. Three, one of which was a German Luger.

I won't go into all the details, but I'll say this. -- If you have the numbers to report at the time of theft, the gun will often return to you. If you don't -- you're screwed. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master
    Two---An AR& survival .22 rifle that stores in a stock that floats, and a 410 double barreled hammer gun that folds in half. They were taken by one (or all) of 3 people. My wife gave them access to a small shop so that electrical work could be done. The guns were not missed for several months and even though there was no one else that got in there, no way to prove who took them. The cop said unlikely I'll ever see them again.
    R.D.M.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast