RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Uses for LT-30 in Pistols? 7.62x25 Tokarev?

Boolit Buddy

Uses for LT-30 in Pistols? 7.62x25 Tokarev?

Perhaps this should go in a different category or another forum altogether, but I have most of a jar of LT-30 powder sitting around with few uses for it besides loading solid copper projectiles in .223. However, I also would like to reload a pile of 7.62x25 Tokarev cases, but I don’t have any appropriate powder...unless I can use that LT-30.

Has anyone tried this, or can someone model to see if this should work? LT-30 is very near H110 on the burn rate charts, and H110 has good load data available for a range of velocities for this cartridge, so I was thinking it might be possible. I’m planning on using 85gr XTP’s at .309” diameter, but something cast or otherwise would work as well, again likely in the 85gr range. If a theoretical seating depth is needed, let me know.

Thank you!
    Last edited by TheAbe; 11-30-2022 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Autocorrect corrections

Boolit Bub
    LT-30 is much like H-4198 it was a powder that Lou Merdca helped to get put on the market to be used in the 30 BR a cartridge used in score benchrest I would not recommend this powder until there is tested information for use in the cartridge you're asking about
    Ron