RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: opinions on aperture sights

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Thanks, will give that a try. I took my Rossi .357 for some exercise this afternoon with it's favorite load. First few groups were pretty good then the flyers came en masse. Just like the 94 earlier. Looks like I'm the limiting factor here!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockindaddy View Post
    These aperture sights work great !!! My old tired eyes are able to guide a projectile to put Bambi on the turf. Have no experience with the new Henry rifles. They do not have the styling the old Winchesters and Marlins have. The 1895 and 336 Marlins are all drilled and tapped for an aperture rear sight. Easy install. I tried to up load a few photos.Attachment 308038Attachment 308036Attachment 308038Attachment 308037Attachment 308035
    These rifles represent the finest sighting system ever made for a lever action.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Skinner sights are the way to go.. I have them in my Marlin 1894CB
    http://skinnersights.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pa.frank View Post
    Skinner sights are the way to go.. I have them in my Marlin 1894CB
    http://skinnersights.com/
    I like them too. Just mounted the Alaskan on my son's 336. I'm working it out with my own eyes to get their act together and stop all this aging nonsense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Connor's Alaskan skinner.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	311078

This was his grandpa's and it had an old Marlin 3-9 scope, so the rifle didn't have a front ramp or sight and unfortunately I couldn't find a ramp that would fit. Our gunsmith is trying to drill and mount a low enough front ramp and sight to make it work. Otherwise, Andy at Skinner is always awesome to work with and told me we should be able to do something.
    -Paul

Skinner Sights are some of the best "Hunting Sights" out there. They are NOT made for target shooting where you need to change the elevation quickly. But setting one when you sight the gun in with your goto Load is not that hard and it will probably stay set for the life of the gun. Something to be said for that kind of durability.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678