RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: Recommend a .41 Mag mold

Boolit Buddy

Recommend a .41 Mag mold

Deer hunting and plinking with S&W and Ruger revolvers.
    Keith style preferred. I'll be casting for friends as I don't currently own a .41 (we'll see how long that lasts .. like a fool I sold my M57s some years ago)
    What is considered a classic mold?
    Thanks in advance, fellas.
    Last edited by Minerat; 11-27-2022 at 10:27 PM. Reason: language fix

Boolit Master
    I'd recommend Accurate Mold's 41-220K

Boolit Grand Master
    I am no fan of the 41, considering it neither fish, nor fowl nor good red herring, but my late amigo, Warren, bless him, thought it was wonderful and swore by the RCBS 41-210-SWC. If you can find one, the Hensley and Gibbs 258 was designed by Elmer Keith for the then new 41 Magnum back in the 60's. It is something of a rarity, and usually brings a pretty penny. Accurate will make you a 41-210K or a 41-220K that is faithful to the Keith design.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Appreciate the input fellas, cheers

Boolit Grand Master

I am a big fan of the 41 Magnum , Long time love affair . My avatar is my model 58 S&W 41 magnum . I use these two most .

1.) Target shooting and tin cans - NOE 413-215-WC-PB (design based on 358432 design scaled up to .41 ... if hollow pointed, it makes a devastating hole but I use it as target WC )

2.) Hunting - NOE 412-237-SWC-PB- HP ( Elmer Keith type design with hollow point, penta point and flat point pins) I feel the 237 gr. weight is optimal for 41 magnum in a handgun .

NOE 413-215-WC is extremely accurate boolit in my model 58 S&W .
    The large flat face hits hard and hollow / penta points can be used to help expansion when not shooting at paper and tin cans .

Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

I have both molds indicated, you cant go wrong either one. For hunting, i would consider a wnfp. With solids, i want the widest meplate possible.
    https://www.accuratemolds.com/img/bu.../41-225H-D.png
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Grand Master

NOE also makes a really good Keith bullet clone. 412-220-SWC

I found my nirvana with the Arsenal 41-220 RF. From targets to hunting I can't imagine a more well rounded bullet. Best of all it shoots absolute lights out.

Boolit Grand Master

I have both the Accurate mold and the H&G #258 mold. Both shoot well in a Ruger Blackhawk and a S&W Model 57. The RCBS version should work well also. It took me a long time to find that H&G mold and I paid a crazy price for it.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been shooting 41 magnums since the mid '70s and consider it an excellent revolver cartridge. I've come down to mostly using basically 2 cast bullets. The Lee TL41-210-SWC is an excellent low end and mid range bullet for plinking, small game and general use. A lot of bullets can be cast quickly with the 6 cavity mould. For top end magnum loads I cast the RCBS 41-210-KT of 16-1 alloy. It makes for an excellent larger game load. If i didn't have the RCBS I would get the NOE 215 gr mould as suggested for top end magnum loads.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Buddy

I've been using the Lyman 410459 since 1972 in all my M 57's ... its about the same as the rcbs mold that Larry uses, just a bit longer nose. Shoots better than I can anymore, or ever could for that matter..... H-110, Herters mag primer and a heavy roll crimp has been the go to load for 50 years.