Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, November 27

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, November 27

Good morning all. I'm getting a late start today. I hope/pray that this message, as I have found, is one that you need. Have a safe and blessed day.

God's Holy Fire: 'Received with Joy'
    Sunday, November 27, 2022 - Phil Ware

So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord.
    — 1 Thessalonians 1:6 NLT

Key Thought

How can a convicting message, a message that calls us to turn our lives around (1 Thessalonians 1:8-10), bring joy in the middle of suffering?

1. That message is true.
    2. That message points us to a better way, a way that leads to glory that is far greater than any suffering now could possibly be (Romans 8:17-18).
    3. That message comes accompanied by the ultimate Message-giver, the Holy Spirit.

Joy is inspired, produced, and sustained by the Holy Spirit.

Today's Prayer

O Father, inspire joy in me and those I love. I do not ask for this joy selfishly, but so that others can sense this deep and abiding joy within me and be open to hearing the message of Jesus, responding to his call to believe, and discovering the joy that is possible only because of the Spirit's presence in our lives. I ask this in Jesus' name. Amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Exactly. Happiness is secondary, always stimulated by something else. Joy is of the Spirit and is spontaneous.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, I praise God from who all blessings flow in the good times and through suffering!