Load DataRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: which MP mold 9mm swc?

Boolit Buddy

which MP mold 9mm swc?

Looking for 9mm and fancy a swc. Gun is a cz75bd. Any thoughts on MP...
    1. 9 Or 38 SWC – HG275 Clone 8 Cavity FB Mold.
    2. 359-135 SWC Round Nose.

Any feeding problems? There are no bullet dimensions listed, so I don't know what the final load capacity will be. Any clues on that?

I have both. MP.
    HG 275 was my first MP a rasa mould and ai shoot a lot of them in G17 Gen3 and FS92.
    For one year I was shooting exclusively MP 359-135 SWC RN. zero problems in those two guns. I had to seat HG275 to COL 27mm, RNWC to 28,4mm.
    They make nice round clean holes in paper. If they are marked as .359” they will be. I have over 25 moulds from MP and all are true to statements.
    Sizes to .3585” I used them in .38 / .357 too. Accurate

Boolit Master

275 copy,,,most exellent bullet!
    Ive shot thousands threw a 210sig,and a 1911 38 super.
    Never misfeeds,,cuts clean holes,

Boolit Buddy
    I bought the 275 version of the MP mold and the mold is outstanding, producing great bullets.

My intent was to use this in my Dan Wesson 1911 Valkyrie. It fed and functioned well, but at 10 yards the bullets hit sideways on the target. That having been said, it is VERY accurate in the S&W 38/44 Outdoorsman and Taylor 1892 carbine. Apparently the twist in the Dan Wesson is the issue.

Boolit Buddy
    This thread interests me as well. I have been looking for the ideal mold to use in 9 and 38, around the 125 grain weight. I do like the SWC bullets. My fav for the 38/158 grain is the RCBS 358-150KT, it is dead accurate and that is my goal with every bullet I make.

I have a NOE 358-124 TC and it is OK accurate although I admit to not spending a ton of time getting to know the bullet a bit better.

Boolit Buddy
    Thank you for the replies, and the pics from Gamsek. The pics illustrate nicely, the amount of case capacity taken up by the various bullets.
    I have a question for Gamsek. why did you have to seat bullet out on the swc's in the 9mm rounds?
    I will need to set up some cartridges for the 9mm and see what my seating depth would be, which would also depend on barrel throat length.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Thank you for the replies, and the pics from Gamsek. The pics illustrate nicely, the amount of case capacity taken up by the various bullets.
    I have a question for Gamsek. why did you have to seat bullet out on the swc's in the 9mm rounds?
    I will need to set up some cartridges for the 9mm and see what my seating depth would be, which would also depend on barrel throat length.
    This COL was what was working in my Guns. 275 had to be seated so, or it would jammed

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post
    This COL was what was working in my Guns. 275 had to be seated so, or it would jammed
    Thank you. It appears that the 359-135 SWC Round Nose is seated out even further, does that not cause jamming in the 9mm?
    I just received a round nose mold from MP, and would like to find out before I order some more.

Boolit Master

Hard to beat the Lee 358-105 in six cavity.

which MP mold 9mm swc?

Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    Thank you. It appears that the 359-135 SWC Round Nose is seated out even further, does that not cause jamming in the 9mm?
    I just received a round nose mold from MP, and would like to find out before I order some more.
    You will to figure it out by yourself but 135 was more forgiving about COL then 275… both are great nice bullets, you choose based on design, weight and purpose. I have few moulds for 9mm from MP from 95grs, 115, 120, 130, 140grs, 147grs

And you can’t really beat an 8cav MP mould, actually.
    Attachment 307529
    Attachment 307530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8063.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	307531
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6531.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	307532
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0105.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	307533
    Last edited by Gamsek; 12-03-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

I really prefer a tc style over a swc in a 9. That was the original design for a reason.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

I just bought the mp125hp,and the 147 rcbs copy.im anxious to try them,but its getting cold up here,,shooting has slowed down.
    They will have to be really special,if there going to out shoot the 275.