Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
RepackboxLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Winchester 1200 slug barrel

Boolit Master

Winchester 1200 slug barrel

Does anyone know where I can find a cantilever 12 ga rifled slug barrel for a Winchester Mod. 1200 2 3/4" ??

Boolit Grand Master
    No idea, but you may be better off looking for a barrel for a Model 1300.

I think Winchester changed the model number on the pump 1200 and semi auto 1400 to 1300 and 1500 respectively before the scoped and rifled slug barrel became popular.

As far as I know nothing changed except the model designation and the finish. Dad had a Model 1200 20 ga, and years later I had a Model 1300 12 ga. I don't remember any big differences between the two.

Robert

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post
    No idea, but you may be better off looking for a barrel for a Model 1300.

I think Winchester changed the model number on the pump 1200 and semi auto 1400 to 1300 and 1500 respectively before the scoped and rifled slug barrel became popular.

As far as I know nothing changed except the model designation and the finish. Dad had a Model 1200 20 ga, and years later I had a Model 1300 12 ga. I don't remember any big differences between the two.

Robert
    Winchester clams to not use the 1300 slug barrel with 1200 made to use the 2 3/4 shell ? I do not know if this is accurate ? Hate to spend the money on something that won't work safely ?

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    Winchester clams to not use the 1300 slug barrel with 1200 made to use the 2 3/4 shell ? I do not know if this is accurate ? Hate to spend the money on something that won't work safely ?
    Maybe all the 1300 slugbarrels have 3" chambers?

I don't know for sure.

Robert

FYI - Barrels for the Winchester 1300 will fit most Winchester 1200 models.

They are NOT intended for use on Winchester 1200 Shotguns that were originally chambered for 2-3/4" shells only.

Also fits most Ranger 120 models.

Interchangeability will not work with Winchester 1400/1500 series semi-autos.

Winchester offered open-sighted rifles slug barrels - but AFAIK never a cantilever scope mount barrel of any kind on those pumpguns.

There are several aftermarket companies that off cantilever scope mounts the are designed to only fit vent ribbed (3/8" wide max) barrels (google)

Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    I traded for a smoothbore slug barrel for my Winchester 1200 many years ago. The barrel reads Winchester Model 1300 Ranger 20 GA 2 3/4 & 3" on the first line. Under that is Made in New Haven CONN USA Winchester Proof Steel. The bottom line reads DEER SLUG. I shot a few deer with it before Indiana allowed pistol caliber rifles in 2008. I haven't shot it since despite sitting on a pile of 3" Brenneke slugs. It has open sights. I have never seen one with a cantilever scope mount in 20ga or 12ga.
    I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children can live in peace.

Thomas Paine