MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationRepackboxTitan ReloadingWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simple and very effective

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lancem View Post
    I might be mistaken but I believe superglue was developed originally for the medical profession.
    Eastman 910, by the Kodak Corporation. It wasn't developed specifically for that purpose, but it was found useful for a lot of things once it became available. It was originally developed in the late 40's, but not used for it's original purpose, assembling bombsights... See Wikipedia.

I used a number of things for the cracked skin. Bag Balm, and Udderly Smooth, among other things. If the cracks are really bad, super glue will seal them, and then you can apply nearly anything to soften the skin and keep if from cracking further, or doing serious bleeding.

Boolit Master
    Check out Badger's Crack cream. They sell it at cracker barrel and on line. It is, IMO, the best healing hand salve around.
    Chicken Little has finally found an audience

Boolit Grand Master

The square green tin of ... Bag Balm !

Another good dry skin product I recently discovered is Cocoa Butter enriched Petroleum Jelly
    the Cocoa Butter does something more than just petroleum Jelly alone on dry cracked skin .
    I'm going to look into this stuff called Cocoa Butter and see if I can find other dry-skin products with it ... it feels good and is very soothing .

The jar of Cocoa Butter Enriched Petroleum Jelly is Wally-Marts Equate brand...
    Vaseline makes it also ... the wife found it in the make-up and beauty section , not in the pharmacy first aide section .
    My feet have gotten so dry and the thick skin stiff ... I'm going to rub some in right now ...
    the stuff also smells good !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Buddy
    Whichever product you choose just understand that you cannot add moisture back to your skin by a high water content product. Rehydrating your skin is a function of blocking moisture evaporation out of your skin via the use of occlusive agents (read petroleum jelly, waxes, certain oils). Personal care product formulators will add a variety of additives to make the product feel smoother, smell better, look better and a very few actually do improve the product performance. But mostly the additives are for marketing purposes to set the product as different from their competitors, not actual functionality.

There is a product called New Skin that is basically a superglue with antiseptic in it. Seems to work well also, especially as a covering for scrapes. It does work for skin cracks due to dryness to seal the cracking.
    Last edited by 36g; 11-28-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    When the Doc replaced my knees the nuses closed the incisions with super glue. They told me it was also waterproof too. Good stuff.
    Ole Jack
    It's water resistant for a little while. Definitely not waterPROOF. Been using it for RC airplane construction a little since the mid 1970s. Not a big fan; too many better adhesives out there.

Quote Originally Posted by 36g View Post
    Take a look at O'Keeffe's. It works well in dry and cold environments.
    This is the hot ticket. O'Keeffe's Working Hands when used regularly prevents the cracks from happening to begin with. We have a friend from New Mexico at the house right now. She arrived with a split in a thumb. I glued it and then introduced her to Working Hands. After a few days she can't believe how much better her hands are.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12