MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LBT Still In Business???

Boolit Buddy

LBT Still In Business???

Greetings,

Ordered and paid for two moulds a few months ago.

Checking on the status, I telephoned and emailed to get no response.

Check has been cashed.

Has anyone received any LBT products lately? (moulds, grease, etc...)

Cheers,

Dave

I’ve heard this same story for about 5 years or more now. Entry time it’s no communication and then finally the mould arrives. Some folks just put their head in the sand and wait, some fret over it. Don’t make no difference to Mr Smith it seems.
    Last edited by Bazoo; 11-26-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Today you just about need to call, to make sure people are still working. I get asked all of the time, my stock answer is call first.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Mold
    I paid for a mould 8 months ago still nothing.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought his 2nd edition of jacket performance with lead bullets 4or 5 years ago sent a check it was cashed no book finally got him to answer a e-mail to which he replied he is still writing the book but when it is finished he would mail it to me , at this point i decided it's only 28 bucks count it as a lost and be glad it's not a 120.00 dollar mould , Now the only LBT moulds I get come from e-bay. wish it were different love his moulds but his customer service is non existent .

Boolit Master

He makes more money making molds than answering phones.

Boolit Grand Master

I called and spoke to his daughter about a month and a half ago and she told me he had broken his hip.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Banned
    Flame on ....

Way back when veral got himself 4 years in prison for tax evasion.
    Had an attitude after he got out an got a month or two more here an there . ....
    Around that time he brought out the crazy and started saying how the government was attacking him with microwave radiation and all sorts of other off the wall stuff .

I decided that even though the man seems to know about cast bullets and everyone said he made good molds I wouldn't be doing business with him , mostly because of the crazy paranoid comments and partly with the known felon aspect and firearms ....

Hope you folks get what you paid for or your money back .....

Boolit Master
    Last mold I ordered from LBT was in 2017, actually 2x 4 cavity molds. They arrived before the check had been cashed. I called to make sure he had the check and offered to send another if he lost the first one.

I find his molds cast fantastically right out of the box. I hope Veral can recover from his hip break and get back to business.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    ive bought from him once and never again.he cashed my check for a mould and it was 6 months before i recieved it.Phone calls and emails didnt make any difference. IMO he is the worst when it comes to anyone in the mould business. He doesnt deserve anyones business. That experience ruined me for anything LBT.Now knowing he has been in prison makes sense,

Boolit Bub

Took about 7 months here to receive the mold I ordered with no replies to emails or calls then oneday checked the mail and there it was, good mold to specs.

Boolit Master
    Veral sold me a hardness tester. He and I had a polite, respectful, prompt and informative exchange of a few emails on the niceties of fine tuning it.

I’ll grant, though, that it was something like five years ago and came out of stock on hand, not like a custom ordered mold.

Boolit Buddy
    I was looking into picking up an LBT mould and discovered that the shop machinery and tools have been consumed by fire and with no insurance this means he's out of the business. The fie happened over the Christmas holiday.

https://lbtmolds.com/Portals/143/Con...ine%20Shop.pdf

Boolit Master
    Interesting, I looked up that business address on several satellite imagery maps and I see all 7 houses but no burned buildings. I bought one of his hardness testers back in January and it was nowhere near my Lee tester which has a very high test rating so I called him up. He said I can grind some off the face of the point of the tester and that will bring it in spec! I asked if he was kidding? Nope, just grind some off of it. If it turns out bad he will take care of me. Sure glad I did not take that advice. I just consider it lost money and a bad deal. Not the first and probably not the last.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Interesting, I looked up that business address on several satellite imagery maps and I see all 7 houses but no burned buildings. I bought one of his hardness testers back in January and it was nowhere near my Lee tester which has a very high test rating so I called him up. He said I can grind some off the face of the point of the tester and that will bring it in spec! I asked if he was kidding? Nope, just grind some off of it. If it turns out bad he will take care of me. Sure glad I did not take that advice. I just consider it lost money and a bad deal. Not the first and probably not the last.
    Google earth images can be two or three years old.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fc60 View Post
    Greetings,

Ordered and paid for two moulds a few months ago.

Checking on the status, I telephoned and emailed to get no response.

Check has been cashed.

Has anyone received any LBT products lately? (moulds, grease, etc...)

Cheers,

Dave
    lol the guy has a history of taking money and not delivering.he took me for a mould last year,cashed my check and went quite.i doubt the shop burned down,prolly just a way out.
    Last edited by barnabus; 03-02-2023 at 07:04 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

LBT burned out. There was another thread on it. All tooling and inventory gone. A total loss.

ETA: the home page of his web site says to contact them ASAP for refund on your mold order.
    Last edited by imashooter2; 03-02-2023 at 05:11 PM.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Master
    I looked at a lot more images than Google Earth. Last one was dated a few weeks ago.

Right on LBT's home page which took me almost 3 seconds to find, it says in large red lettering, " Wondering about your mold order please call us for a refund ASAP.". Doesnt get much simpler than that. Can the stone throwing stop now? Ive never met so many perfect people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast