Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LBT Still In Business???

Boolit Master
    And it also took me three seconds to type in in "Fire at 78592 Hwy 2 Moyie Springs, ID 83845." And I came up with................... Nothing. No record of any fire at all. A couple of local wildfires, A couple references from Artfull bullets asking if anyone had contact with them but nothing beyond the owners saying it happened. I am not trying to play the devils advocate here, just looking for hard facts. You mean to tell me that with all the followers he has nobody has gone up to help? Nobody has any pictures? I heard about a disgruntled apprentice from a future apprentice but no police report? I will say no more other than what I said in the very beginning, I bought a LBT lead tester since they were supposed to be the most accurate thing out there and I find out it is junk. I call Veral up and he tells me to grind "a little"off" the end of the tip. Well, That will certainly be accurate won't it. I have to wonder about recent quality. At their advanced ages it will be impractical to try to rebuild. I can only hope and pray they had themselves set up financially to continue to live a decent lifestyle and move on with life.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I looked at a lot more images than Google Earth. Last one was dated a few weeks ago.
    In the most resent pic did it show the snow? If not it's not current.

I have purchased 7 or 8 molds from him without any issues other than he was hard to get ahold of a couple of times.

Sad to learn LBT is not an option anymore.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    It did not show snow but this fire happened at Christmastime and I am sure there has been many days with no snow. But like I said I did a search for any fires at that address and none. And no pictures after three months? Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't. I am sure they have their reasons for folding. I can only speak for the treatment I got on the lead tester.

Boolit Master

Call the local Fire Dept or Sheriff - That'll settle the matter. Hope there is no fraud involved
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

It did not show snow but this fire happened at Christmastime and I am sure there has been many days with no snow. But like I said I did a search for any fires at that address and none. And no pictures after three months? Maybe it happened and maybe it didn't. I am sure they have their reasons for folding. I can only speak for the treatment I got on the lead tester.
    At that location there would be snow cover from late fall to springtime.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Buddy
    Rick, A few points I feel need to be looked at beyond LBT's good/bad reputation that others have had.
    1] Google earth is almost always 2-5 years behind in updates for 'rural areas', I've seen this on my place with equipment that has been long gone still in view.
    2] The local Fire dept is a volunteer area, except for wild fires only the locals 'may' know of structure fires.
    3] The nearest town is Bonners Feary[sp]ID to the west and the first area with more than a local paper/news is Spokane WA/ CDA ID about 2+ hrs south.
    4] Unless there was signs of arson or a death, the only ones looking would be the insurance co.
    5] Veral is up there in years, his web site seems to be trying to do right with refund offer, life goes on for all with many good and bad interactions. Live and let live.
    JMHO
    Shaune509

He used to moderate a forum on Graybeard's Outdoors where he would answer questions. Is he still there? I haven't been over there in years.

Boolit Master
    I am done with this, everyone keeps pointing to google Earth like it is the the only sat image site in the world just because it comes up on Duh, Google. There are many more sat image sites, some free, many pay that are up to date to the week and some to the hour. I will say I use a pay service, I use it mainly for another venture I have. As far as news, if it was a fire of that magnitude then it would be reported the same as the wildland fires. I spent 34 years as a volunteer firefighter in several different companies as I moved about the country. A couple so far out in the sticks the trees had names.
    A house fire is a big deal in a small town because someone lost their house/business and everybody wants to know the who/what/when/where/why and how. Again, I am sorry I even got into this. If it happened it is very unfortunate and I hope they are taken care of for their remaining years. If it did not happen then they have their reasons for saying it did and since I am not owed anything I have no horse in this race, none of my business. If another disgruntled apprentice was involved then the police should be involved and have a report.

Boolit Grand Master

I am done with this, everyone keeps pointing to google Earth like it is the the only sat image site in the world just because it comes up on Duh, Google. There are many more sat image sites, some free, many pay that are up to date to the week and some to the hour. I will say I use a pay service, I use it mainly for another venture I have.
    Do you have any recommendations for a good sat image sites? I've tried using Google Earth to locate prairie dog towns with limits success. Resolution is close but not quite good enough and it can be very dated.

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Best I can suggest is to do a search on the net for "Real time satellite imaging" or "Up to date satellite imaging". Those search's will give you a ton of options to fit whatever you are looking for. I have used Skywatch for many things I do but I am not going to name what I am using now.

Here is a pretty good explanation of what to find and what to expect.

https://skywatch.com/free-sources-of-satellite-data/

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks.......

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nobade View Post
    He used to moderate a forum on Graybeard's Outdoors where he would answer questions. Is he still there? I haven't been over there in years.
    No. He is no longer posting there, but GO2GBO and GBOReloaded are "still there".

Land Owner, Global Moderator, GO2GBO
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

My two cents, i bought some molds, his tester, book and some lube, all arrived in some months time to the Netherlands.
    Always had very friendly conversations with him on email, and was honest to me for indeed his prison time for the tax collector.

As was written in the letter he is 81! broke his hip(in the snow?) lost his shop in a fire....I wish him best.

I live also in a rural area, in the last 5 years two big farms burned down, news was only in the local paper.
    Both bad maintains chimneys.

At this point i wanted to buy a other custom made mold from him.
    So i will write a other shop(mountain molds? there were three of them?)

Anyway with best regards Igor

Boolit Master

I believe Mountain Molds has closed also. Accurate Molds is still going strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12