MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: WTB, parts 580 Remington ?

Boolit Buddy

WTB, parts 580 Remington ?

A friend has a 580 22 cal. Remington, but the feed slide is worn down (worn out) been looking around (internet) at parts suppliers, zelch! out of stock or not available, any help would be appreciated.

coffee's ready, Hootmix.

Boolit Grand Master
    It has been over forty years since I had a Model 580, but as I recall, the feed slide is just a piece of bent sheet metal.

Find an old hacksaw blade and bend up a new one using the original as a guide.

Robert

Boolit Buddy

Some parts available from Jack First out of Rapid City SD GW

Boolit Buddy
    Hey guy's, the part that is worn is called " loading platform", it's made of plastic, (nylon or something) sorry i didn't give a very good discerption (see above) the first time.

coffee's ready, Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    Hoot, its a plastic but it also has the ejector cast into it if I remember right. The 580,581,& 582 all use the same receiver and for the 580 the feed ramp is attached to it by a single screw at the back of it that goes into the bottom of the receiver. For a short time in the 80's Remington made a single shot adaptor kit for the 581 which was a 580 feed ramp and a plastic cover the fit into the metal infront of the trigger guard where the magazine went.

Boolit Buddy
    1Hawkeye, you are 100% correct, doing more searching as we speak, thanks all for the help. "IF" all else fails i'll make one (famous last words).

coffee's ready, Hootmix.

Boolit Master
    My first .22 was a 581 I still have it and its served me well since that christmas in 77.

Boolit Mold
    Hootmix-I have several that I had cast several years ago but it would have to have the mounting hole drilled . I can surely help a fellow shooter out . Message me with an address .

Boolit Buddy

Do not even trmrmber when I bought my 581, Great little rifle! 35 years ago picked up a 580 for my twin sons. Took the 580 to a friends shop one night. Came home a few hours later after cutting 3 inches off of both ends of the stock and 6 inches from the barrel with new crown. Last year I got to have my grandson start shooting the 580 Short Gun GW