Snyders JerkyRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What’s going with reloading companies ??

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by farmerjim View Post
    In 60 years of reloading, I have not had a problem with any reloading equipment company.
    35 years here, but ditto. They are always nice and polite to deal with. Never had an argument with one, and always amazed that RCBS will send replacement parts for free for their products that I picked up used. Hornady sent me two replacement parts for my 366 when one part was mis-threaded on one press but not another.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    Probably just the number of Karens is increasing.

The greatest thing about Lee Precision is their website has an exploded view of nearly everything they sell, showing individual parts with prices. You can just add anything you want to your cart. The prices are stupid low, since this is a self-service that doesn't need to tie up a live agent.

They have started to charge $7.00 for shipping, these days, which increases the cost a bit. But I found that whenever I buy multiple parts from them, the price on many of the parts inexplicably drops to zero. Provided you buy more than 1 part, the price is usually pretty similar as the old days.

Sure, other vendors might USUALLY send you stuff for free, just by asking. But that takes your time. That takes their time. And that cost gets inserted somewhere else. So if you want to have someone to talk to, then don't buy LEE. If you want to be able to fix your equipment forever, without wasting time, Lee can't be beat.

RCBS has been a good company for the few times i had problems with something they made. I have a few lee dies and an autoprime but nothing else. I used to send lee my broken autoprime handles and they would replace them but then I started jbwelding a piece of aluminum to it and had no more breakage. Sent guns back to Colt, Smith and Cimarron [uberti] for problems and Cimarron was the only one that was a pita about it.

All my dealings with Lee have been great. They have always sent me everything free of charge.

Boolit Master
    I have a feeling this thread is kinda like the old biker saying. There are those who have gone down and those who are going down. We all for the most part had good experiences in the past with most of the companies but our future does not look bright. I too have had years of greatness with everyone one of the companies listed but in the past few years to date can not say the same. The thread starter was right. They want to argue with you like a child because the worker is like a big baby never having there butt spanked and learning respect for anyone.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Loyal customer for years until they asked me to send them a melting pot I got at auction that I clearly wrote in my initial email was modified and all I wanted was a heatshield for it. Surprised but sent it in and then the arguments back and forth started among other things telling me it was modified. No kidding, read my initial enquiry and I said that in the first sentence. I finally told them to throw it out and to heck with them. Wrote about it in a thread here last year I think it was.

https://leeprecision.com/parts-bulle...o-4-20lb-parts

Dunno what brand pot you bought.

Lee Precision website would sell you the parts down to the nuts, washers, new power cord. It's all there. You could buy all the parts and have a DIY build day out of it.

There is great Customer Service at Buchanan Precision Machine, Except hardly anyone has had any problems with the tool so we don't hear much. It will do anything your bench mounted presses will do.

Randy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100464191.jpg  
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    Rcbs is the only company out of the three that will send me non stop parts without even asking questions. They get 99% of my business even though I like lee and hornady dies better. Hornady usually charges for replacement parts till the other day when my new hand held double deburring tool had a wobbling deburring head. They sent me a four prong version vs the 3 prong it came with. The only time rcbs gave me a denial was on a chargemaster lite that the screen started showing black spots on about a month out of warranty. They wanted to have me mail it in on my dime. I just exchanged it with the retailer I bought it from to save the drama.

Boolit Master
    I never objected to mailing a part back on my dime.

Never bought anything Lee but all the rest have been more than satisfactory.

Lyman was unresponsive to an inquiry. It happened so long ago I forgot the details. One of their employees was a regular on the site that I complained on and wrote me. He wanted to help, but by then I had replaced the item and passed on the help. Still have a distaste for Lyman.

Boolit Master
    The only really good story I have is sentimental;
    My late fathers' reloading stuff included a /very old/ Lyman .223Rem die set. At some point I started reloading .223Rem, and of course (you'd have to know my dad, lol), the die had some interior scratches and I promptly stuck a case. I sent it to Lyman & they extracted the stuck case & polished the interior; no charge. Have done a few hundred rounds with that set, and it's more valuable than any new .223 Rem die set to me.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Winger Ed. View Post
    I'd heard Dillon was having problems with people just wanting free stuff and had to clamp down on some things.

People were getting "free" warranty parts from Dillon and selling them on eBay.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    People were getting "free" warranty parts from Dillon and selling them on eBay.
    I heard that as well…but think it is BS. They can tell if dozens of parts are being shipped to the same address.

Don’t get me wrong. I am a Dillon fan boy. Have owned two 1050’s, a 650, two 550’s, two SD’s and an SL900. The only piece of crap was the SL900. Parts are needed so rarely that I cannot recall it being a big deal and parts have never seemed costly.
    Don Verna

Well, it wasn't me. I called them looking for a replacement part on my 650 about a year after I got it back in 2015 and I had to pay for it. No free warranty for me. It wasn't much, under $20 but so much for the free replacements BS. I've not broken any of my molds, lee included, and all my lee stuff has served me well for my 10 years of reloading. Heck I've got two or three one and 2 cavity lee molds from the 60s or 70s I've purched from others here and they still drop good. New 6 cavity works and locks up fine. Drops everything without any cajoling, smoking or other nonsense like my NOE molds.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

over 1/2 a century dealing with many reloading companies + never a problem till recently with Lee , extremely bad customer service + will never buy another Lee product ! -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123