Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more non-FFL firearms shipping through UPS and Fedex

No more non-FFL firearms shipping through UPS and Fedex

Looks like the demrats, guncontrol fetishists got a pretty big win, convincing Fedex and UPS to stop shipping firearms from non-FFL dealers/private parties. UPS apparently even goes a step further and will not accept shipments of firearm related parts... Where the heck is this world going....

Which service will you use moving forward?
    NRA Certified Instructor Pistol
    NRA Certified Instructor Metallic Cartridge Reloading
    NRA Certified Instructor Shotshell Reloading
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Well that blows, gotta source to that by any chance?

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Death of our liberty by a thousand cuts!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Master
    What they don't know won't. hurt them
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Vendor Sponsor

Slim1836 Big tom is correct.. if you go to the UPS site it spells it out very very specifically..
    as a FFL dealer we are now required by UPS to establish a completely different UPS Account to ONLY ship firearms and bunches of hoops and requirements
    it sucks big time

from the UPS website

UPS accepts packages containing Firearm Products for shipment only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code) to authorized recipients, as outlined in the approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

To transport packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing Firearms or Firearm Parts complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions. All Firearms and Firearm Parts shipments must also conform to the terms, conditions, restrictions, and prohibitions set forth on this page at the time of shipping, in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping, and in the approved UPS Firearm Products agreement.

Prohibited Firearm Products Shipments
    UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment, either domestically or internationally.

UPS does not accept Firearms or Firearm Parts for shipment internationally. Replicas or simulated Firearms are not accepted for shipment internationally except as a contractual service.

UPS does not accept Firearms or Firearm Parts for shipment domestically unless (1) such shipments are in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, age restrictions; (2) such Firearms, including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver (as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12), have been identified and bear a serial number in a manner that complies with federal law; and (3) such Firearm Parts within a package cannot be assembled to form a Firearm.

Any item that meets the definition of a Firearm (including Firearm mufflers or silencers) or a “frame” or “receiver” under federal law (including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) must be identified and bear a serial number in satisfaction of the requirements for identifying such items under federal law, including 27 CFR § 478.92 and/or 27 CFR § 479.102, regardless of whether any such items are otherwise exempt from or not subject to identification requirements under applicable law. This prohibition applies even before the effective date of 27 CFR §
    Last edited by Smoke4320; 11-25-2022 at 02:24 PM.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Quote Originally Posted by salpal48 View Post
    What they don't know won't. hurt them
    Amen, brother.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

And all the democrat voting gun owners are very happy. They should all look in the mirror and say, "See what a great thing I have done."

They can only buy votes for so long that’s why they’re trying to take them away

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    Slim1836 Big tom is correct.. if you go to the UPS site it spells it out very very specifically..
    as a FFL dealer we are now required by UPS to establish a completely different UPS Account to ONLY ship firearms and bunches of hoops and requirements
    it sucks big time

from the UPS website

UPS accepts packages containing Firearm Products for shipment only as a contractual service and only from Shippers who are licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, or licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code) to authorized recipients, as outlined in the approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

To transport packages containing Firearm Products, the Shipper must enter into an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing Firearms or Firearm Parts complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions. All Firearms and Firearm Parts shipments must also conform to the terms, conditions, restrictions, and prohibitions set forth on this page at the time of shipping, in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service and UPS Rate and Service Guide in effect at the time of shipping, and in the approved UPS Firearm Products agreement.

Prohibited Firearm Products Shipments
    UPS does not accept automatic weapons, including machine guns, for shipment, either domestically or internationally.

UPS does not accept Firearms or Firearm Parts for shipment internationally. Replicas or simulated Firearms are not accepted for shipment internationally except as a contractual service.

UPS does not accept Firearms or Firearm Parts for shipment domestically unless (1) such shipments are in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, including, without limitation, age restrictions; (2) such Firearms, including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver (as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12), have been identified and bear a serial number in a manner that complies with federal law; and (3) such Firearm Parts within a package cannot be assembled to form a Firearm.

Any item that meets the definition of a Firearm (including Firearm mufflers or silencers) or a “frame” or “receiver” under federal law (including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) must be identified and bear a serial number in satisfaction of the requirements for identifying such items under federal law, including 27 CFR § 478.92 and/or 27 CFR § 479.102, regardless of whether any such items are otherwise exempt from or not subject to identification requirements under applicable law. This prohibition applies even before the effective date of 27 CFR §
    Thanks for the clarification Smoke4320. Wasn't there a ruling lately of some nature that stated serial numbers were no longer required on weapons or did I imagine this?

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Nevada says thou shalt have a number applied by a certified licensed number application facility. It's in legalese but that's the jist of it . Get caught with a finished 80% go to jail .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Before long some unknown will step up and take over firearms and firearm component shipping. It'll probably cost more but a market has been created so someone will serve it.

Just don't forget when the other carriers realize their mistakes in lost revenue and reverse policy. That dog bit us so stop feeding it and let it starve.

So what are the rules for the USPS(postal service)?

Personally given the current situation if I were shipping any modern firearms I'd bear the extra expense and ship strictly FFL to FFL. Just not worth the potential hassle to save a few dollars.

USPS is not allowed per federal regulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    So what are the rules for the USPS(postal service)?
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Unless you want to ship within the state or for example for a repair/tuning...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
    Personally given the current situation if I were shipping any modern firearms I'd bear the extra expense and ship strictly FFL to FFL. Just not worth the potential hassle to save a few dollars.
    NRA Life member
    www.primercatcher.com

Boolit Master
    Does this impact Midway shipping out replacement parts, like a 1911 ejector rod?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by justindad View Post
    Does this impact Midway shipping out replacement parts, like a 1911 ejector rod?
    That is one awesomely great question, and I hope s knowledgeable person will answer it -- I have no idea!

What I am going to add is that I recently attempted to post a Beeman air pistol -- a good one -- to a repair person (seal replacement, etc.) and was very kindly advised by counter person at USPS that I possibly could find myself in a bit of doo-doo just from bringing the (triple-boxed, sealed) box into the Post Office building. I egressed with haste going to UPS store. There, the nice gal spent a quarter-hour on telephone to ascertain it was OK -- and it turned out that was a no-go, too.
    I rang repair shop and trying FedEx was suggested. Of all surprises, I left package locked in my truck (play it safe, eh?) and made inquiry in -- of all places -- a Walgreens Pharmacy which also has Fed Ex pick-up. NO PROBLEM! I was assured; I got the box, filled out one small form and handed over a few U S dollars -- and off it went. Three days later (tracking) it was received by repairman. Then, albeit it took a few months, I got a 'phone call the pistol was repaired and provided CC info to execute payment. Two days later -- FedEx made delivery.
    Perhaps FedEx will be the only way to go?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tom View Post
    USPS is not allowed per federal regulation.
    Not completely correct.

Boolit Master
    sounds like UPS has some new legal form s that must get the I's dotted and tees crossed and put your signature on it so the next time some yahoo whacked in the head shoots up a school full of children they cant get sued and lose $millions. I wonder if the lawyers even understand completely what these new forms say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast