Boolit Master

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2022

A Tumbleweed Christmas needs a Christmas gift 2022

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tumbleweed.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	307216

I got this Christmas card from my parents many years ago. I really like it and I saved it. This poor cowboy is working on trimming a tumbleweed to look like a Christmas tree, He even has the paint ready to paint it green.

I suspect there aren't going to be many gifts under his Christmas tree.

I suspect some of our newer members are going to have a Christmas like my cowboy's Christmas.

Some of our newer members need to start casting to afford ammo, but can't afford the basics to cast with. Or to load with! Or even find supplies!

So here is a little Merry Christmas help for a fairly new member:

To be eligible for this Christmas gift you must have joined CastBoolits between 12/26/21 and 11/23/2022. In past years I have granted waivers. You can request a waiver with a PM.

It is Thanksgiving, and as usual I still haven't decided what to give as a gift.

To apply for this post a short post of why you need help with gifts under your Christmas tree. Then send me a PM titled "Christmas gift" with a more detailed description of why you need assistance, what reloading experience and reloading tools you have, and what casting experience and casting tools you have. Include your name, mailing address, and telephone number in the PM, but not in the post. This Christmas help is not limited to only one member!

I will likely have members pledge to help me with this. More are welcome to join in. To join in, please PM me on how you would like to help and please do not post in this thread unless you are eligible for the Christmas gift and requesting the Christmas gift.

I have been called BrassyClause. Last year, BrassyClause had a lot of help. I was moving to another state and I don't know how many helpers I had, but I believe it was more than twenty Helpers! In previous years, I have been able to use Titan Reloading to help fill my gift bag. I am now retired, so my budget for new items is nonexistant this year. I have really enjoyed all of the assistance my Helpers have provided and I am really looking forward to their enthusiastic and generous assistance this year. Helpers can remain anonymous. Please PM me for details on how I manage this.

This year is also likely to be tougher than previous years because I have moved to a new house far away. Everything is boxed and stacked and I can't find anything. I am done on the road, but I have a lot to do the make this into the place I want it to be!

BrassMagnet

Boolit Master
    you have a heart bigger than your body! the work / help that you do for people is paramount. glad yo can keep the tradition going.

Moderator Emeritus

In 1979 I was working for a plumbing shop in rural Idaho. Mid January I got a call on a remote ranch for no heat. I was looking for the thermostat, single rancher was out and about when I saw his Christmas tree was still up. It was a 6' Sagebrush trimmed with red lights, copenhagen cans and a hat on top. I had no camera but have always cherished how that looked. I have no doubt that a tumbleweed might serve some folks.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Bump to the top.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Was reading some of the past posts on this subject. Pretty cool to see the responses from people that were helped.

Boolit Master

We have a shortage of helpers this year. Only seven so far. Usually, we have about twenty, or even more. So here is a poem I wrote in a previous year:

Where have all the Helpers gone?
    BrassyClaus is just askin.
    Who will do all the packin?
    Christmas is not not such a long time to go.

WuFlu came like it was a big to do.
    So to our jobs we said Adieu!

Governors so mocking.
    Demanded we be locking!
    Thanksgiving must be banned if we want to stay living!
    Do as I say and not as I do!
    Or in jail you will stew.

Boolit Master

My cell phone is dead and I am waiting for a replacement!

I can still receive PMs, emails, and texts on my computer. I won't usually be able to respond promptly!

Boolit Master

My cell is up and running!

Boolit Master

No applicants yet this year. Will this be the first year I have to cancel Tumbleweed Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    No applicants yet this year. Will this be the first year I have to cancel Tumbleweed Christmas?
    I was wondering! It's very odd. I've been watching this thread and this is the first year I haven't seen many replies. I wonder why?

If there anyone in need don't hesitate to reach out! I can't say enough of the wonderful help George and his minions had been to me in the past!
    He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. -Psalm 91:1

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    They won't get there before Christmas, but I have a couple of things:

1. Lee Whack-a-mole loader in 308 Win. I got this in an estate sale batch, and have no use for it. It appears to have everything needed.
    2. Lee #1 shell holder for the old style auto prime (the flat one)
    3. Lee #2 shell holder (same thing)

I also have an old 12 ga reloading press that I no longer use; it's a bit cantankerous to use, but it does produces workable ammo, if someone wants it. I'll look around and see what else I have.
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Bub
    I would love to throw my name in the hat, if its not too late. The generosity of this community is amazing! I have been on plenty of online forums and have never seen any other place come close to this!

Boolit Master

WooHoo!!!

TheFlynn01 is our first applicant this year!

This Tumbleweed Christmas thread is open to more than one recipient. Don't be shy about asking for some assistance in these trying times!

Boolit Master

I hate the idea of closing this thread with only one recipient, so it is still open for a while longer today.

My excuse? I have to water and take care of my chickens!

Boolit Master

Closed!

Boolit Master

Closed without a winner due to lack of communication!