MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading

Thread: T/C Venture II bolt rifle in 350 legend

T/C Venture II bolt rifle in 350 legend

A friend of mine bought this rifle a year ago plus a new 3 x 9 Sig Sauer scope and had never set it up or shot it. He knows I have a place to shoot and have mounted several scopes for him in the past so I took it home and got it sighted in for him for the OH deer gun season that opens this coming Monday.
    All I can say is WOW what a shooter this rifle is ! It only took me 4 shots to get it close at 50 yards then I moved to 100. My first 2 shots at 100 were in the same hole and 2” right, so I moved the scope 8 clicks and shot 4 more. The last 4 were in a hole about the size of a dime ! Sorry I don’t have any pics as I was doing this 15 minutes before sundown and was also trying to get another carbine sighted in and didn’t bother with pics.
    Boy for a strait walled cartridge that headspaces on the case mouth I didn’t expect that kind of accuracy. That was shot off a lead sled rest with the scope at 9 x.
    The ammo I shot was 150 gr. and he gave me a box of factory 160 gr. HP’s and I shot 3 of them at the same target and they shot in to a 1 1/8” group about 1 1/2” higher than the 150 gr. Win deer season extreme point ammo. I know he is going to be happy with this rifle !

JedmanAttachment 307208

Boolit Buddy
    In my shoes. And where ever they take me.
    How is the recoil compared to 223, or 243?

Probably a little more than a 223 but less than a 243 ? This is really a guess because I was shooting it from a lead sled rest which takes all the recoil out of the shot. I have shot other 350 legends and the recoil is mild probably very similar to a 223 has. It should be a great 150 yard deer rifle.

Jedman

I knew that I should have gotten one of those T/C Compass rifles when CDNN was closing them out...... although I can't get over the .355"/ non .223 brass aspect of the .350.
    But it's successful enough that it's easier to find ammo for it than .243 or 30-30 around here. Weird.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk