Titan ReloadingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, November 24

For Thought and Meditation - Thursday, November 24

Good morning all, and happy Thanksgiving. I love the idea of "unconditional thanks". Have a safe and blessed day.

Unconditional Thanks
    by Greg Laurie on Nov 24, 2022

Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.
    —Psalm 106:1

For a time during my childhood, I lived with my grandparents, Mama Stella and Daddy Charles. Every day seemed like Thanksgiving Day at their house because Mama Stella was a great cook. She made everything from scratch.

Of all the things that Mama Stella made, her biscuits were her crowning achievement. And although many in my family have tried to replicate them, no one has been able to.

Now, I never would have thought of eating any of the biscuit ingredients separately. None of them were appealing in and of themselves. But mixed by Mama Stella’s expert hands, those ingredients resulted in the most amazing biscuits.

In the same way, God in His sovereign wisdom has a way of working all things together for good “to those who are the called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28 NKJV). We may not fully know what the good or the bad things are until we get to Heaven.

But God can take all the events of our lives—the good things and the so-called bad things—and put them in the oven of adversity. And when it’s all done, we can say, “That’s good!”

It’s easy for us to give thanks for what we perceive as good things, but it’s not so easy to give thanks for what we perceive as bad things. Yet I’ve discovered that the difference between the two isn’t always clear, at least in this side of Heaven.

I know people who wished for certain “good things” to happen in their lives, and when they did, those so-called good things destroyed them. Sometimes they included even success. I also know people who lamented over bad things that happened in their lives, but with the passing of time they realized that those bad things were actually good things.

To give thanks to God, we must first realize as Christians that God is in control of all the circumstances in our lives.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen & God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

Wow! I guess Greg hasn't looked at Rom. 8:28 and 8:29 together. 8:29 defines 'good' in 8:28, sometimes I think separating the Greek up into verses has done us a disservice - no one would have confused these statements without the separation. 8:29 states (paraphrase) that it is preordained that we will be made like Christ so he will be the first of many brothers - thus 'all things work together' to make us like Christ, not what I, in my short visioned, earthly life, think is 'good'.

So - I will be made like Christ - there are two absolute statements in 8:29 - it is 'preordained' and that we 'will be' made like Christ. The only unanswered question is - how will that proceed? The more I cooperate with the process the easier my life will be - the more I kick against the pricks the more painful my life will be. The end result will be the same, I will be made like Christ.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus

What a wonderful message...I also thank God for what he does for us that we are not aware of....He truly does work in a mysterious way! Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving one and all!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan