WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, November 23

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, November 23

Good morning all. A great reminder to reflect on all on all the blessings that we have been gifted. Have a safe and blessed day.

Give Thanks Anyway
    by Greg Laurie on Nov 23, 2022

And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
    —Colossians 3:17

During the Thanksgiving season, it’s easy to lose our perspective and forget that we have so much to be thankful for.

Maybe you’re having a hard time right now. Maybe you’re having health, financial, or family problems. I don’t want to suggest, in any way, that these things aren’t difficult, because they are. Yet we still should give thanks.

That’s the reason that we were created. God put us on this earth to glorify Him and give thanks to His name. The Scriptures urge us again and again to do this. In Psalm 106:1, we read, “Praise the Lord! Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever” (NKJV).

Colossians 3:17 says, “And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him” (NKJV).

Hebrews 13:15 tells us, “Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name” (NKJV).

Yes, praise and worship can be a sacrifice because we don’t necessarily want to do it. When we are discouraged or depressed, when things aren’t going that well or tragedy befalls us, we don’t feel like praising God.

But the Bible doesn’t say that we should praise the Lord only when we feel good. Rather, it says that we should always praise the Lord because He is good.

After Jesus healed ten men with leprosy, one of them, a Samaritan, returned to give thanks. Jesus asked, “Were there not ten cleansed? But where are the nine? Were there not any found who returned to give glory to God except this foreigner?” (Luke 17:17–18 NKJV).

Just like the Samaritan, we should be as definite about giving thanks as we are about asking for help. Have you given thanks to God for all He has done for you?
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good message!
    Don Verna

Lord there is snow outside, and ice under it. I am thankful for my small, somewhat overcrowded home. I am thankful for the new high effeciency furnace 2 years ago. As long as I have power I have heat and I am warm and comfortable. I am thankful for my 2012 Jeep Cherokee Larado that gets me where I need to go without drama as long as I take it someplace once every 2-3 weeks. (Battery runs down after a month of sitting)

Lord you know when it is 10 degrees outside with a cold wind blowing that I am sitting in 70 degree comfort I am TRULY thankful.

I am thankful for the multitude of materials you have provided to me to indulge in my winter hobby.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flys.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	307169
    And I am super thankful that I have found a hobby that I can do indoors in winter which brings such peace to my soul.

For all this and all else thou hast given me Lord I am truly grateful. A bit scared, concerned about the state of our country. Yet still safe. Bless thee Lord.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

In this world, particularly our corner of it, there is soooooo much to give thanks for. Would you rather be the guy who is humbly grateful, or the one who is grumbly hateful. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Amen, I give thanks for all that our sovereign Lord gives me!

There's much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for friends and family coming over today and the food on our table. I'm thankful for having to clean the house and getting rid of some of the clutter. I'm blessed (thankful) for being a part of the activities of the day.

I'm also thankful for the challenge of of old vehicles like Ghosthawk, I've learned a lot about insurance and fixing crunched up SUVs.

I'm thankful for the men and women here at Castboolits. It means more to me than the hobby that brings us together. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.