MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: Hornady Conversion Bushing on Dillon RL1100

Hornady Conversion Bushing on Dillon RL1100

Ok, so this is my situation: I load for 9mm major in the 1100 and the press is dedicated for this. I also have another recipe for 9mm that I shoot with a carbine in competitions. This is done in a different press. I am getting a Mr Bullet feeder for the 1100 and was thinking of reloading both recipes in the same 1100. For the sake of not loosing the specs on the dies that are already set up in the 1100, I was thinking of only changing the powder measure, powder check and seat/crimp die since these are specific to the different applications. In order to bypass having to buy a separate 1100 tool head, I was thinking of installing the Hornady conversion bushing on the press, and inside that, the LnL regular bushing attached to the dies.

That way, I only have to remove the powder measure, checker and seater with a simple twist; install the new ones and I'm GTG. Am I making sense? Has anyone had to do this or tried this? My concern is that by adding the extra height of the conversion bushing and regular LnL bushing that the die will not reach deep enough.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 6.04.45 PM.png 
Views:	14 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	307158

Boolit Buddy
    this will not work with the stock tool head , adapter is a larger thread dia . But there is an aftermarket tool head machined for the hornady lnl die bushing made by Armanov for the 1050/1100 , you can see it on there website

thanks