Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 22

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday, November 22

Good morning all. A great message for today, I feel, is the true definition of character. Have a safe and blessed day.

Faithfulness
    November 22, 2022 - Dr. David Jeremiah

To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ.
    Colossians 1:2

Bobby Jones was an early golfer in the United States. At the U.S. Open in Massachusetts in 1925, he went to officials and told them he had accidentally moved his ball slightly, violating Rule 18. They didn’t agree. It was on the eleventh hole, and they told him to keep playing. Jones refused, saying he really had moved the ball a bit. As a result of his honesty, he lost the game—by one stroke. Later he told the sportswriters who praised him for his honesty, “You might as well praise me for not robbing banks.”

God desires us to live faithfully before Him at all times, not just when others are looking. He is always watching, and He is glorified by our reflection of His faithfulness and integrity.

This was on Paul’s mind when he wrote the book of Colossians. He called them “faithful brethren in Christ” (1:2), and he wrote about faithful Epaphras (1:7), faithful Tychichus (4:7), and faithful Onesimus (4:9). Let’s be part of that group!

The Christian life is a moment-by-moment miracle, lived by the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit takes the joy and peace of Christ and reproduces them in and through our lives. He takes the love of Christ and manifests it through us.
    Robert McQuilkin
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

The practice of honesty is difficult. To tell the truth, and only the truth, which doesn't mean we should not be silent at times, takes conscious and deliberate thought. To introduce anything we are not sure of with that statement, which would be the truth, also takes conscious and deliberate thought. To think before we speak, which most of us are not trained, by others or self, to do, is also difficult and takes conscious and deliberate thought.

In other words, to not live a thoughtful and aware life is to largely ignore truth.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

"The practice of honesty is difficult. To tell the truth, and only the truth, which doesn't mean we should not be silent at times,"

The remain silent thing is harder for some of us than others. It's not one of my natural skills, and I work hard at it. Wayne, do you think there are times when remaining silent, is less than honest? jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Amen, I love this message!

Boolit Master

Yes, very hard to remain silent. Especially short fused old gents like me! My brain has slowed down much as I am getting older, but the tounge has kept pace and even sped up!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    "The practice of honesty is difficult. To tell the truth, and only the truth, which doesn't mean we should not be silent at times,"

The remain silent thing is harder for some of us than others. It's not one of my natural skills, and I work hard at it. Wayne, do you think there are times when remaining silent, is less than honest? jd
    JD, I think so. Given that there are almost an infinite number of possibilities, absolutely. But to name a specific instance, no, I can't off the top of my head.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!