Load DataWidenersSnyders JerkyRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLee Precision
Reloading Everything RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife Buying Me A Lee Load All 12g For Christmas. Best General Purpose To Start

Boolit Grand Master

Gas ram conversion for the Lee Loadall

US $14.75

Replace the noisy twangy spring in your Lee Loadall with a gas ram that will give your machine a quieter and smoother operation.
    The gas ram is a drop in part you just need to remove the spring and spring guide from your machine and drop in the gas ram and then you are ready to load, it is a nice upgrade for the Lee Loadall.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Zero hits on ebay searching "Lee load all gas ram conversion". If it existed in the past, it is no longer around.
    IIRC the guy selling it is in the Ukraine.
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Glasgow, United Kingdom

I just googled "Lee load all gas ram conversion" and some older eBay listings popped up.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    There is another under “gas shock absorber to Lee Load all”
    Don Verna

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    There is another under “gas shock absorber to Lee Load all”
    The Lee Loadalls must be popular in Europe. This one is cheaper and available. Your memory was correct about Kiev, Ukraine

– Amber Veal

- Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

I see it now, I just had to turn on worldwide viewing. It's just some gas shock they are selling as a replacement for the Lee's spring.

I must admit, it's pretty sweet. I'd imagine it will last about a decade like a shock for a car hood though, but then again the shocks are cheap.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    Make sure it comes with the little box with all the powder and shot bushings , just so you don't need to order them later .

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I've got a skeet range I can hear from my house that my neighbor owns. They shoot every day but I'm pretty sure with that amount of shooting they reload all the hulls. I've got plenty of Promo to use up and plenty of Unique. Those are the powders I think I'll try out.

1-1/8oz shot with Red Dot (Promo in my case) and AA wads sounds like a good place to start or a load that is similar to that. Thanks
    Jonp, This is an excellent starting point and one that I end up always going back to for general "kicking around" shooting.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Definitely get the Lyman shotshell manual. Promo will work well for 1oz 12 gauge target loads. Unique is better suited for 1-1/8-1-1/4 loads. There are basically 2 types of hulls. Straight wall & tapered. Remington & Winchester are tapered hulls & use wads designed for such. Federal & most Euro hulls are straight hulls & use different wads. I would go to your local skeet range & try to collect just one type of hull. I prefer Remington hulls over all the rest. Remington STS, Nitro-27 & Gun Clubs all reload identically. They also seem to last the longest. Just remember to follow the published loads exactly. No swapping wads, primers, hulls or shot weight. It's not like metallic reloading where you can start low & look for signs of pressure. Have fun!

Boolit Master

Now that I know what the gas conversion is for a loadall I found this...https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4761839 I don't have a 3d printer. Any of you folks who print should work this out. Christmas is coming and we would all appreciate a package under the tree!
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    No, they are sold on ebay, every time I post a ebay link it gets nuked here.
    Yes Sir-- links to e-bay are against the CB Forum's Rules. We truly appreciate the efforts of some members in assisting other members to find items they need, but have our own Swappin' & Sellin' Section in which items related to shooting and casting may be posted, and desire to avoid the flea market aspects of e-bay. Links to general sources of supply such as Brownell's, Gun Parts Corp., reloading supply providers, etc. are not prohibited. Thank you for your understanding.

DG

Getting back to the op.. Get a tote to hold all the stuff you are gonna need for all the possibles on your loads LOL...Ballistic Products is a place to start.
    Last edited by super6; 11-22-2022 at 01:22 PM.
    Give me something to believe in. Poison
    Arosmith What it takes
    A 12 step program

Boolit Master

Super6 is right. You need bins to hold all the stuff. Wait until you start loading for more than one gauge.
    Remember the Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by foesgth View Post
    Super6 is right. You need bins to hold all the stuff. Wait until you start loading for more than one gauge.
    Grew up using a 410g Bolt for rabbits and partridge but now only 12g. My favorite is actually a 20g but that's in the future, maybe. Both the 12 and 20 will do anything I need to do and I still regret selling that Benelli Super 90 in 20g. 12g for the near future.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

Any recommendations on primers? I've read in other places that the Cheddite are larger (I think) than American and will stretch out the primer hole of American hulls but not Rio or European. Is this really a thing?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Any recommendations on primers? I've read in other places that the Cheddite are larger (I think) than American and will stretch out the primer hole of American hulls but not Rio or European. Is this really a thing?
    You don't get much choice in the matter right now. Cheddite 209 primers are the only ones you can buy. Yes they are slightly larger. They are the same size a Fiocchi 616 primers. Rio 209 primers are bigger yet, and nothing but a Rio 209 will work in a Rio hull... that is unless you resize the pocket. Either the punch set or a MEC supersizer can do it. You can use Cheddite 209 primers in any hull except a Rio hull.

For now I'd just load Cheddite 209's in whatever hulls you can get for free, worry about it when American primers come back.

Boolit Grand Master

I just got a bag of wads in the mail. Claybuster Lightning, CB4100-12B. I was looking on Ballistic Products and saw some primed Fiocchi hulls on sale and thought I might try them but have not got my manual in the mail yet.

Will these https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fi...nfo/064127008/ work with the wads I bought? I'd like to get the hulls while on sale.

Boolit Grand Master

It should fit, but load data might be scarce. That's kind of an odd duck wad, and while the real Windjammer says it is made for either straight or tapered hulls, this Claybuster version sounds like the gas seal is fairly small. The CB2100-12 would be a much better choice. The CB6100-12 is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by super6 View Post
    Getting back to the op.. Get a tote to hold all the stuff you are gonna need for all the possibles on your loads LOL...Ballistic Products is a place to start.
    ^^Great advice right here..... get 2 while youre at it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast