Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wife Buying Me A Lee Load All 12g For Christmas. Best General Purpose To Start

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I've got 500 of them so I guess I get to experiment a little.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    Your starting down a very hard road trying to fold a crimp on a new - never previously crimped hull with a lee load all . A couple things to watch out for are
    Don't leave any unfilled space in the loaded hull & watch out for powder migration around the gas seal

Boolit Master

I like the Lee Load All but as theman said, trying to get a good crimp on a new hull is almost impossible. I like and use 1st or 2st fired hulls and the Lee does fine with those. I have used MEC 650 and Grabber machines when I was shooting trap and skeet matches every Sunday evening at local ranges. It may take a bit of fiddling with the adjustment on the final crimp die on the Lee but it can be adjusted to get a really decent crimp eventually. Correct shot and column heigth is critical to getting a good crimp. my experience anyway, james

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    Your starting down a very hard road trying to fold a crimp on a new - never previously crimped hull with a lee load all . A couple things to watch out for are
    Don't leave any unfilled space in the loaded hull & watch out for powder migration around the gas seal
    Darn. Got the Lyman manual and found out I need wads for the light loads.
    I cant find the specific recipe for the wads I bought and reading through the manual doesnt help.
    Any advice on this?

Boolit Master

What wads do you have that you need info on? I might or might not be able to help. james

Boolit Grand Master

Claybuster Lightning CB4100-12B 12g 7/8-1oz I picked these because they specifically said they could be used for 2 loadings.
    Just got some Fiocchi clear 12g, 2-3/4in skived and primed hulls in the mail from Ballistic products. They were on sale and already primed which is why I got them. BP said they had "plenty of data" for the hulls but I sure can't find it on their sight.
    Lymans #5 pg 26 indicates a "skived" hull would be easier to form the initial crimp so that was also a plus for me.

I have: https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Cl...info/030CB781/
    https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Fi...nfo/064127008/

The data as near as I can tell shows a 20g .125 card under the shot for the 7/8oz loads and none for 1oz. I dont have cards yet so will try the 1oz first. Of the powders listed I have Promo so I'll try Red Dot info. I'm using a Lymans 5th Shotgun Manual

Lot of info in it for Remington and Winchester hulls but very little for Fiocchi. Is there a better manual someone could suggest?
    Last edited by jonp; 12-11-2022 at 08:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123