Thread: Lee 6000 .38 Spl - The Journey Starts

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Here is a different case feeder for the 6 pack, for sale on etsy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqC40D-Bn0
    on etsy for $40 from Norway:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/grimnir3d/?etsrc=sdt

Thank me later,
    That is amazing. Thank you!!! I am ordering one. I hate the Mickey Mouse feeder that came with mine.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    I would consider giving the new Universal Case Feed magazine featuring 5 feed tubes a try. It's pretty slick.
    I always thought that lee's 4 tube case feeder design was inferior to what the 3D printing community brought to the world. Lee took noted and even surpassed the function on many levels.
    I have one of the new 5 tube feeders it is great it comes with the spring stop in front of the drop position and the case collator is much better.
    Much easier to adjust for reliable case feeding.
    Yesterday I loaded 1000 9mm no case feed problem and only 3 that fed upside down the 5 tube collator is much improved over the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    I have one of the new 5 tube feeders it is great it comes with the spring stop in front of the drop position and the case collator is much better.
    Much easier to adjust for reliable case feeding.
    Yesterday I loaded 1000 9mm no case feed problem and only 3 that fed upside down the 5 tube collator is much improved over the 4.
    Yeah, I'm a fan of it too. My only gripe is the cheap collator. I hope "New Design American Accurate Collator" makes a 5 tube version.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Quote Originally Posted by John Guedry View Post
    I read this post from front to back. I came to one conclusion: I don't want any progressive presses, No Lee,Hornady,Dillon,or any other I haven't heard of. I'll stick with my single stage and my turret.
    Why miss out on the fun! I got dang sick of one cartridge for every 4 or most often 5 strokes of that dang handle! Now I only have to do that the first 5 strokes, then it's one finished round for each and every stroke. You couldn't pay me to go back to singles, turret or not......except maybe the APP, because it's a single all right but its got a case feeder! and that built-in case feeder makes it the case prep king.

Now, if you're not real flush with money spilling out of your ears, then Lee finally provides a quite respectable progressive with their Six Pack.....no, not as out of the box easy as Dillon, but it's not that hard. At 74 I'm having a ball and the small amount of tweaking necessary is fun for me and keeps me out of my easy chair.

In the video below, doesn't that testing run of case feeding, then bullet feeding, look fun? In that test, no primer or powder....no actual seating, just feeding the bullets on an "M" die to hold them square for seating.....yes the last one fell over, teaching me that even with an "M" neck expander, the last bullet in the stack won't stick as well as unless there's at least one bullet above it to provide weight on the dropping one.....so make sure there's one more bullet in the stack than you actually use....

Way better than watching TV.....keeps your mind alive. Dece will notice I didn't have the newer shell plate for .223. Wobble, wobble.

Then if someone suckers you into spending cash for a 3D printer, for less cost than buying a commercial bullet feeder, then you can print $60 bullet and case feeders, all year. I have 5 now.....and have spent only the cost of one commercial one with 3 caliber changes including the cost of the 3D printer. And caliber change kits cost $5 plus a few hours printing while you do something else. And you get this kind of result:

That was a "first test" of a 9mm caliber change plate......heck testing is half the fun.....

Dece.....you still have your Ender 3 printer? That machine will do 95% of what I've printed.....and the other 5% I could technically get along without.....every thing in these two videos only require a 220x220mm bed.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-21-2024 at 09:14 PM.

Here is a different case feeder for the 6 pack, for sale on etsy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFqC40D-Bn0
    on etsy for $40 from Norway:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/grimnir3d/?etsrc=sdt

Thank me later,
    Isn't that just the 3D print files so you can print your own? Would be still worth it to me, if he hadn't been so slow.....I had to design my own version which is working in the video above..... But I'd buy his files for that much.....I probably spent 20 hours designing my system for the 6000.....mines a little simpler, but uses an 8" long telescoping tube inside the stationary tube to the elect. collator.
    Last edited by GWS; 01-21-2024 at 09:16 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GWS View Post
    Isn't that just the 3D print files so you can print your own? Would be still worth it to me, if he hadn't been so slow.....I had to design my own version which is working in the video above..... But I'd buy his files for that much.....I probably spent 20 hours designing my system for the 6000.....mines a little simpler, but uses an 8" long telescoping tube inside the stationary tube to the elect. collator.
    I believe the files are under $10
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I believe the files are under $10
    Even better! Wonder how fast and how much the shipping is from Norway? Yours is on the way? Waiting for the review!! I'd pay $10 to print and see how well it works......I also wonder what it takes for say changing from 9mm to 223 rifle? Should be a fun winter spring.....something new to play with.

Boolit Grand Master
    Even better! Wonder how fast and how much the shipping is from Norway? Yours is on the way? Waiting for the review!! I'd pay $10 to print and see how well it works......I also wonder what it takes for say changing from 9mm to 223 rifle? Should be a fun winter spring.....something new to play with.
    I bought the kit. Came to just over $40. Shipping was under $10.
    Don Verna

Way better than watching TV.....keeps your mind alive. Dece will notice I didn't have the newer shell plate for .223. Wobble, wobble.

I'm not sure if I ordered the wrong one, or if Lee made another .223 shellplate since I ordered mine. Yeah I still have the Ender 3, but I am at wits end with it I bought a kit for it. I also can't figure out how to calibrate the extruder, I feel like I'm going have an aneurysm anytime I think about it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 20-15-28 X Axis Rail Kit (235MM Build Volume).jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	322452
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    You can buy the print file here:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/1646791...active_1&crt=1
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Thanks Ken!.....finally paid for and downloaded the files.....looking for the time to print and play. Maybe tonight, I can start the first print.....let you know what happens.

Boolit Master
    Thanks Ken!.....finally paid for and downloaded the files.....looking for the time to print and play. Maybe tonight, I can start the first print.....let you know what happens.
    Thanks for posting...
    What does the hardware list look like, anything uncommon from U.S. hardware?

I had hoped the members that bought the completed feeder would have reviewed them here by now.
    If they had problems, we would have heard about it by now.

I know you will fill us in on the details once you have printed and tested it.
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Thanks for posting...
    What does the hardware list look like, anything uncommon from U.S. hardware?

I had hoped the members that bought the completed feeder would have reviewed them here by now.
    If they had problems, we would have heard about it by now.

I know you will fill us in on the details once you have printed and tested it.
    Yes I will, but this video should answer most of your questions, for now. There's a lot of parts to print....I can combine what I can.....and some I may not print just becuase I don't use the 4-way but will use the alternate part to connect it to a TylerR collator. Yup he knows all about TylerR and his generousity.......his instructions even has the link to his "downloads".....IOW's he made it to use Tyler's downtube connectors as well. Too bad he didn't join the Castboolits party on Ammo Mikes and Tyler's thread....but then TylerR doesn't have a Lee 6000 and this is made expressly for that. I think I may have given him the idea to design this as he refers to "flimsy clear tube design"......but that's okay.....I put out my ideas to help others....and I know darn well there are lots of people smarter than me who can improve my ideas......and if this really is an improvement then great.....may use it myself. Afterall, I did "buy" the files.

Anyway here's the Youtube file on putting it together. Looks very well thought out.

He is obviously into it for a business venture....includes the typical patent and law suit warnings....I wish him well....
    Last edited by GWS; 02-01-2024 at 11:19 PM.

Does anyone know what size thrust bearings would be needed to add them to the linkage system on this press?

Does anyone know what size thrust bearings would be needed to add them to the linkage system on this press?
    Minimum bore diameter measured 7/16" on mine....slipped on such a washer that measureed exactly 7/16 ..... smooth on but no slop.

So I printed it and tried it out with 9mm.....seems to work as advertised......next test will be to see if caliber changes are harder than TylerR's quick change system. Parts all printed really well and smooth. Impressed with the parts.

A fellow member of the board here, does a nice demo of Lee's updated powder drum kit.

A fellow member of the board here, does a nice demo of Lee's updated powder drum kit.

LEE sent me the orientation lock for all Auto Drum measures I have, when I requested them, just for the reason shown in the video when I tested/installed an Update Kit. In 2017 they started adding the orientation locks so older measures do not have them.

Just a little side note/information.

GD
    #2 member of the 10%ers

For those who need storage option and can't get enough bins, Lee is now offering 2 different colored bins. I can see them being nice for organizing brass in their various steps.

They might be limited edition since they are in the clearance section.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 17-15-24 Lee Precision Inc.. Closeouts.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	324022

Boolit Buddy
    dverna, I haven't read through the entire thread. BUT, have you checked out the forum dedicated to the Lee products? Specifically this sub forum dedicated to progressive presses? They are as great a group of people as you will find on here. FYI: be forewarnesd this forum is moderated by Ranch Dog.

https://lee-loader.com/viewforum.php?f=15

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast