WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Hydrographics-Hydrodipping a Mossberg 500

Hydrographics-Hydrodipping a Mossberg 500

Well, I tried it, took a few tries to get it right, but got it how I wanted it.

Put together a New Mossberg 500 12ga slug set-up, found the plastic furniture on ebay, and the black just wasnt doing much for me. I figured well, lets paint it.
    It looked painted cause ofthe small areas. Strip that off.....

Then I looked around for companies that offer dipping, well its typical of trying to get it done this time of year, 3 month back logs... I decided for the expense to try a do it yourself kit.... Good old Amazon.

Process was straight forward, quite vapor intensive ( the activator ) even for a guy who worked a good prtion of his life in a body shop, need ventilation.
    Wife helped and took pictures...
    Attachment 307001Attachment 307002Attachment 307003Attachment 307004

Added some weight and foam insulation to the buttstock to quiet it up a little....
    Attachment 307005

Boolit Master
    Good job! The company I work for produces a lot of parts for Mossberg and I have been to the plant in Eagle Pass many times. They have a dip tank where they do multiple stocks at once - it's pretty cool to watch.

That looks great...don'cha love it when a plan comes together!

I tried the hydro dipping last month on a .22lr BR stock (it was to be a 2-dip, one side then the other), followed the directions to a 'T', built custom tank, used my PID to monitor the water temp, did all the preparations perfectly...got my brother to help and yet it still went south.
    As I started the stock into the tank at an angle, I snagged the tape on the edge of the film and it was over as the water rushed in on top of the film!
    I'd like to blame it on that stinking "MURPHY'' but it was all 'My Bad!'
    I think it's a great method and it covers very well...it covered that part that I did get covered properly as it was a chore to sand it off.

To recover from that disaster, I went with a 'Hammered Pewter' finish on my BR stock.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Thanks HWooldridge...when their principal operation was in New Haven, was there many times... Was a neat facility and glad they got out of the Communist state.

OS OK, I understand fully, took me three tries to get it right. Have enough film left to dip a shot glass....lol....Its truly a one shot deal.

Boolit Grand Master

Now you have me interested in this process since your results look so good.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!