Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Wideners

Thread: Good price on .22LR Rim fire

Good price on .22LR Rim fire

Zinc.com has 2500 .22LR for 140.00. I have ordered 5000 and they shoot just as good as anything else out of my old western field bolt action. These folk are not scammers. I have been buying from them for 6 months now.

ACC

Quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    Zinc.com has 2500 .22LR for 140.00. I have ordered 5000 and they shoot just as good as anything else out of my old western field bolt action. These folk are not scammers. I have been buying from them for 6 months now.

ACC
    You sure about that?
    zinc.com seems to be a software company.

I think you meant "zincpoint.com"
    Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

Prices are the new normal but our local Walmart had more 22 ammo than I have seen in years.

Never heard of "Orbea" ammunition.
    Cognitive Dissident

Interesting that the US can not make ammo anymore, but foreign countries can make it, ship it to the boat, ship it by boat, pay import duties and then shipping in the US and still make money. Sounds like a hose job.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Never heard of "Orbea" ammunition.
    Argentina. I found Internet references going back to 2009.
    Cognitive Dissident

Argentina makes good guns, so why not ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapier View Post
    Interesting that the US can not make ammo anymore......
    ???? CCI still seems to be operating at capacity. Ditto all the other domestic rimfire ammo plants. Selling all they can make. Domestic primer manufacturing is beyond maxed out. 9mm production is running 24/7 and crowding less popular cartridges out. Yes, I think we are still making ammo.
    Cognitive Dissident

We still are able to make decent ammo, for now.
    Anyone who wants to live free or retain power had better know how to produce quality ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by pertnear View Post
    I think you meant "zincpoint.com"
    Sorry my hands were moving faster than my mind. It is zincpoint.com.

ACC

Cabelas bass pro has their Herters on sale for $0.06 each. $29.98 for 500. Supposedly Winchester made. And their std price is only $32.99. Much rather buy this than foreign maybe ammo.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    My walmart has lots of Fed automatch at 6.5 cents per round vs zinc.com at 5.6 cents per round + shipping and hasmat. What is the zinc.com price per round to your door?

Boolit Grand Master

No HAZMAT on shipping ammunition.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    My walmart has lots of Fed automatch at 6.5 cents per round vs zinc.com at 5.6 cents per round + shipping and hasmat. What is the zinc.com price per round to your door?
    Mine came to 5.5 cents a round. I have shot about 200 through my Ruger MKI and it fed just as good as the other stuff. I also got it in 2 days.

ACC

Dunham's here in Michigan has piles of 22 and most of the common rifle/pistol ammo in stock. Just picked up 3 boxes of Federal AutoMatch for $22.99, .07/round.

Didn't need it but had a store credit for an item I returned. Figured I'd use it before I lost the paperwork for the store credit.

Price is going down and availability is going up and going up rather quickly. I suspect that the price is going to settle at 30-50% above pre-panic prices. Just inflation and trying to catch up to several years where the manufacturers absorbed minor cost increases pure and simply because there was a glut on the market. 3 years ago you could buy Winchester 209's for less that $25 a brick and there were CASES of them stacked at Camp Perry.

Shotgun primers at a rifle shoot, dealers just trying to move inventory. I had never seen 209's stacked @ Perry like that before.
    Last edited by 15meter; 11-27-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 15meter View Post
    Dunham's here in Michigan has piles of 22 and most of the common rifle/pistol ammo in stock. Just picked up 3 boxes of Federal AutoMatch for $22.99, .07/round.

Didn't need it but had a store credit for an item I returned. Figured I'd use it before I lost the paperwork for the store credit.

Price is going down and availability is going up and go up rather quickly. I suspect that the price is going to settle at 30-50% above pre-panic prices. Just inflation and trying to catch up to several years where the manufacturers absorbed minor cost increases pure and simply because there was a glut on the market. 3 years ago you could buy Winchester 209's for less that $25 a brick and there were CASES of them stacked at Camp Perry.

Shotgun primers at a rifle shoot, dealers just trying to move inventory. I had never seen 209's stacked @ Perry like that before.
    Yes every duhnhams in Michigan I’ve been to has been Stocked to the brim with ammo. Actually every where including miejers and Walmart finally has ammo again. Even the odd ball calipers.

Looks like prices are coming down in Michigan atleast. Looks like powder at lgs was only up $5-$10 a lbs. still not seeing primers though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in MI and see the same thing, I bought some 22 lr but all of the centerfire rounds I shoot are handloader.
    Just before the election Cabelas had Prv Partisan primers for $ 19.99 per 1000 and I only bought 1 box.
    I had a $ 50 gift card and should have stocked up.
    I have enough powder and bullets for the rest of my life but got caught a little short on primers. I have enough that I don’t need to pay the prices they are now but sure would like to see them come down to $50 per 1000 sometime soon.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Our local WalMart doesn't stock any firearms or ammunition of any kind except air rifle BB's and pellets.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe we are just lucky in MI. Automatch has been at my local Walmart for months at a decent price.
    Don Verna