RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan Reloading

Thread: Problems Accessing Site

Boolit Mold

Problems Accessing Site

Recently, while attempting to access this site, I have been getting messages that I have been infected with a virus and I need to contact "Microsoft" immediately at the given number or, in another case, that I need to download a browser add-on. I assume these are scams.

Is Castboolits being targeted?

I've experienced no problem. I use Windows 8.1 which is now obsolete, and also Google Chrome presently on an alternating basis. Perhaps you should change servers. What is your anti-virus system? I have McAfee. Every now and then they put up a screen which proudly announces that they just prevented a virus infection.

DG

Boolit Master
    For whatever reason, I’m having trouble uploading pictures over the last few days. Tried to add one this morning and it failed, even though I had no problems last week.

Photos is another problem-- there are several threads about uploading them which you might find with a "search". It seems that usually the problem is because the photos are taken with a phone or similar device and are too large for the system to accept. When they are downsized it will upload them. Myself, being a dinosaur, take photos with an old digital camera. So old that it will only store 20 high resolution photos and has no removable memory card. I upload them with a USB cable to my computer, then upload them to the CB Site with no problems. But technology has long passed me by, and usually the solution is what I've already described--using a phone camera.

DG

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Gebirgsjager View Post
    Photos is another problem-- there are several threads about uploading them which you might find with a "search". It seems that usually the problem is because the photos are taken with a phone or similar device and are too large for the system to accept. When they are downsized it will upload them. Myself, being a dinosaur, take photos with an old digital camera. So old that it will only store 20 high resolution photos and has no removable memory card. I upload them with a USB cable to my computer, then upload them to the CB Site with no problems. But technology has long passed me by, and usually the solution is what I've already described--using a phone camera.

DG
    That is possible but every picture I have uploaded onto this site has been with the same device - an Ipad. I will look into it and see if it’s on my end.

Boolit Mold
    I'm using windows 10 and the windows anti-virus. A sweep of the computer shows nothing. I've seen these scams before where a screen comes saying you must contact "Microsoft" immediate at a certain number. An anti virus sweep shows nothing. Also, a screen comes up telling me I need to download an add-on to my browser. This has happened several times lately when accessing this site.

Boolit Master
    I had the "microsoft" warning this morning. Logged out and shut down. Ran Avast AV which showed nothing. So far, so good. I am not so sure it has anything to do with this forum. Perhaps it is one of the "news" sites we visit?

happens on different sites i shut it down immediately + run a scan -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Mold
    This happened to me a while back. Don't remember which site I was trying to access, but it was not this site. Now it happens every time I access this site.

RonL

I'm running Win 10, Win 7 and Win XP on 3 different computers and have had no problems with any as you describe.

Try clearing your cookies and erasing your browser history.

HWooldridge

How many photos do you have uploaded? If your storage is full you will have to erase some to add new or become a Team Boolits member to increase your storage. If it is a storage issue here is a link that may help you clean some out.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ttachment-file
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    RonL

I'm running Win 10, Win 7 and Win XP on 3 different computers and have had no problems with any as you describe.

Try clearing your cookies and erasing your browser history.

HWooldridge

How many photos do you have uploaded? If your storage is full you will have to erase some to add new or become a Team Boolits member to increase your storage. If it is a storage issue here is a link that may help you clean some out.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...ttachment-file
    Minerat,

I wasn’t using much space but deleted some pics anyway. Didn’t fix the issue - still getting an error message when I try to upload a pic. No big deal - not necessary for the conversation. Thx, H

PS - I think it may have been a sizing issue. I went through the process a different way and was able to insert the pic in the relevant post.
    Last edited by HWooldridge; 11-17-2022 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Added information

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by RonL View Post
    Recently, while attempting to access this site, I have been getting messages that I have been infected with a virus and I need to contact "Microsoft" immediately at the given number or, in another case, that I need to download a browser add-on. I assume these are scams.

Is Castboolits being targeted?
    Not that I am aware of.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I am also having issues - I'm using a Mack Laptop - everything worked fine back in Michigan. As soon as we got to Arizona for the winter and I hooked up to internet here (Cox Communications), I can open up the site, but then each time I click on a
    Forum OR a Thread, it takes forever to download - sometimes as long as a minute or more and sometimes it can't download at all. I'm not a computer whiz, so if anyone has an idea of what the issue may be, I'd like to hear it. The problem only seems to exhibit itself when I am on the DastBoolit site - all the other sites, no issues at all with a super fast download?

I have shut down the computer and restarted it many times, thinking that there was an "glitch" somewhere, but that seems to have no effect on the inability to click on either a Forum or a Thread on here and having to wait forever for it to open up?

Thanks.

Boolit Master

I did notice that recently I have been logged out a few times.. but didn't choose to be.