Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersLoad Data
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Corp Coatings

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    I have as well and did so when he was brand new to North America but he said he would think about it. I have also sent him messages recently with no response at all. No idea why he is ignoring me all together now as I'm just trying to see if he is working on anything new plus see if he is interested in the distribution idea again. I'm thinking he would not be able to keep up with demand like that which is why he doesn't wish to do it. Thats just my opinion and I can completely understand if that's the case.
    Frankly, I hadn't thought of it that way, but you might very well be right. Understandable, but very frustrating.
    Personally, I'd rather learn from other peoples' mistakes.

Boolit Bub
    I'm guessing MP Molds? I have had the same issues with them and the lack of responses. I have emailed and even messaged on FB and no responses at all! I Can't just order off the the site I need to chat with them but the lack of responses makes me not want to deal with them at all. It isn't that hard to send a response to an email or message on FB... I do it all the time
    Exactly. If you're too busy to reply to a simple customer question, then you're to busy to try running a business. Period.

Boolit Man
    I have as well and did so when he was brand new to North America but he said he would think about it. I have also sent him messages recently with no response at all. No idea why he is ignoring me all together now as I'm just trying to see if he is working on anything new plus see if he is interested in the distribution idea again. I'm thinking he would not be able to keep up with demand like that which is why he doesn't wish to do it. Thats just my opinion and I can completely understand if that's the case.
    I think you misread what I wrote. Ruan reached out to a local casting company that has a decent sized presence in USPSA. The local caster turned down the opportunity to be the North American distributor. Picking a distributor isn't like using a drop shipper because the distributor would be acting as a store front/customer service and shipping. It's a lot to take into consideration. It's important who you choose because imagine if HiTek didn't meet with one of the Miculeks to bring HiTek to the US and instead used someone who didn't have a web store or any connection to the shooting world other than being someone looking to make a buck. The brand name could be dragged through the mud and soured any chances at being known as a decent product.

Boolit Man
    Here is a pic of the gray but I’ll try to get a better pic for ya. Plus also the brown and purple

Attachment 309117Attachment 309118Attachment 309119
    Hey what other colors have you used so far? I want to try teal and/or a lighter blue but didn't want to place another order as I already got enough to cover 200lbs of bullets.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Exactly. If you're too busy to reply to a simple customer question, then you're to busy to try running a business. Period.
    I tried to ask dimensions of their moulds before ordering and never heard back but because of their quality of work I went ahead and ordered. Now I have three different moulds from them. I received the same week to as they sent out the same day. I just don't think he speaks English well enough to really get into providing customer service.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas918 View Post
    I tried to ask dimensions of their moulds before ordering and never heard back but because of their quality of work I went ahead and ordered. Now I have three different moulds from them. I received the same week to as they sent out the same day. I just don't think he speaks English well enough to really get into providing customer service.
    So how were they shipped? Another courier company, or by mail? That was my question to him.

Boolit Bub
    I think you misread what I wrote. Ruan reached out to a local casting company that has a decent sized presence in USPSA. The local caster turned down the opportunity to be the North American distributor. Picking a distributor isn't like using a drop shipper because the distributor would be acting as a store front/customer service and shipping. It's a lot to take into consideration. It's important who you choose because imagine if HiTek didn't meet with one of the Miculeks to bring HiTek to the US and instead used someone who didn't have a web store or any connection to the shooting world other than being someone looking to make a buck. The brand name could be dragged through the mud and soured any chances at being known as a decent product.
    A drop shipper would be no good for me, because he's only a hands-off middleman who never sees the product. He just processes the orders, which are still shipped direct from the factory, and that, unfortunately, lands us right back with private enterprise carriers.I need a proper distributor, who would import bulk orders and who I could depend on to throw my stuff in a box and mail it to me. I can get all the tech information I need from Ruan. His customer service (with me, anyway) was first-rate. It's just the shipping that's the stumbling point.

Boolit Man
    So how were they shipped? Another courier company, or by mail? That was my question to him.
    It was eventually sent out with FedEx stateside. I'm not sure what they used before that. It got to my door quick for being sent overseas. If it has a tracking number and is given to the shipping handler I don't mind who is fondling my package between them and my door haha.

Boolit Bub
    It was eventually sent out with FedEx stateside. I'm not sure what they used before that. It got to my door quick for being sent overseas. If it has a tracking number and is given to the shipping handler I don't mind who is fondling my package between them and my door haha.
    Neither do I, it's the extortion I mind. Judging by the offhand manner with which you lot discuss couriers (turns head and spits contemptuously!), I'm starting to think Americans don't get raped and pillaged on international shipments by those companies the way we do.

Boolit Bub
    Well idk then. I had offered up to warehouse and sell it so it would eliminate the South Africa processing. Plus we would be able to offer more affordable shipping that way as well. So for him supposedly offering it to another company and them turning it down, you would think that he would have taken me up on my offer. So I feel that part of that story might not be 100% accurate but who knows.

Boolit Bub
    Honestly his brand isn’t getting the best feedback right now because of ordering issues… idk

Boolit Bub
    What molds are you speaking of?

Boolit Man
    Honestly his brand isn’t getting the best feedback right now because of ordering issues… idk
    Well despite the shipping charge it still ends up being slightly cheaper than HiTek per bullet. And he was able to split the 400g size into two different colors for me. It's a bigger upfront cost since you can't just order 100g(3.5oz), but the product worked way better for me than HiTek.

Boolit Bub
    Well despite the shipping charge it still ends up being slightly cheaper than HiTek per bullet. And he was able to split the 400g size into two different colors for me. It's a bigger upfront cost since you can't just order 100g(3.5oz), but the product worked way better for me than HiTek.
    That's the impression I have, and I much prefer the sound of the application procedure, which are the two reasons I had my heart set on the BCB system. And for sure, I found his customer service to be exceptional. The shipping issue is entirely out of his hands, dictated by the political situation in his country.

Boolit Bub
    Hey what other colors have you used so far? I want to try teal and/or a lighter blue but didn't want to place another order as I already got enough to cover 200lbs of bullets.
    I actually have the teal color but haven't used it. Give me a day or two and ill do a small batch completely and take a pic for ya.

Boolit Bub
    Oh yea MUCH better then HT for me too! There is absolutely no comparison between them. They even size better and go through my collator better then HT

Boolit Bub
    That's the impression I have, and I much prefer the sound of the application procedure, which are the two reasons I had my heart set on the BCB system. And for sure, I found his customer service to be exceptional. The shipping issue is entirely out of his hands, dictated by the political situation in his country.
    I just wish we could be selling it here in North America to make it easier for more to get hands on it.

Boolit Bub
    Well, Thomas918, I'm happy to report that MP Molds has restored my faith. After a follow-up email, I got a full reply within hours, and they are happy to ship by mail if I'm willing to accept the slower delivery. He asked for the address to give me a quote, so we'll see how that shapes up. No such happy outcome for the BCB issue, unfortunately, but one out of two is at least breaking even.

Boolit Man
    That's good news. I love my moulds

Boolit Bub
    That's good news. I love my moulds
    The quote came back in less than a day, and the price delivered to my mailbox (around $US117) is outstanding. Life is looking good.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast