Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataRotoMetals2
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bullet Corp Coatings

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    I'm in Canada. International couriers are Satan's evil stepchild to us. It's not the shipping - $35 is steep but understandable. It's the accompanying blatant extortion that is unacceptable. UPS is far and away the worst, but they all do it to some extent. On top of the valid shipping charges, they tack murky extras variously called "documetation fee", or "customs processing fee". or "importation fee", but they're all names for the same thing: parcel ransom. Your shipment arrives in Canada in the normal manner, and is then interned in a warehouse, usually in the part of Canada where they refuse to speak the King's English unless you put a gun to their heads. They will not free your parcel until the ransom is paid, and this "fee" easily doubles the costs, and makes the entire purchase financially prohibitive. To be clear: These fees are not duties, taxes, or any other form of government-imposed charges; they are entirely a cash grab on the part of the courier companies, padding their bottom line at our expense because they think they have us over a barrel. When the same package is delivered by mail, there are NO extra charges.

I could tell you the story of the last time someone mistakenly sent me a parcel from the States via UPS, but I don't want to expose you to that sort of language.
    Yes Canada shipping does suck even from the United States but having everything setup
    Properly makes the difference. Well atleast it
    Did back in the early 2000’s when I shipped parts to Canada all the time lol

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas918 View Post
    Mine turned a little darker but seemed to be the same color they posted on the website. I baked at 360 for 16 minutes. I could get it a little bit darker but that's if I baked it at 385. If I wanted a lighter color I would for example use petrol blue instead of blue. Or lime instead of green.
    Those are too high of temps imo. I’ll have to look at what my oven is set at but it’s certainly not that high

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sandxs View Post
    Here's how I coat bullets with both hitek and bcb. 7lbs of bullets, about 250 45 acp bullets.

I'm liking the bcb, but the bright colors come out looking black/charcoal. Performance is fine, just color is off. I've drilled a bullet and inserted a thermocouple to certfy temperatures and I'm not over baking, but they still turn dark...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Those look good!

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by awayne View Post
    Yes Canada shipping does suck even from the United States but having everything setup
    Properly makes the difference. Well atleast it
    Did back in the early 2000’s when I shipped parts to Canada all the time lol
    It doesn't suck by mail. I've received reloading dies ("metal forming dies" on the paperwork ), transmission adapter, trigger units, speedloaders ("plastic holders"), all through USPS/Canada Post with no hassles and no added ransom charges. Once you cut the greedy profiteers out of the process, everything moves, no fuss and no bother, easily and economically.
    Personally, I'd rather learn from other peoples' mistakes.

Boolit Buddy
    Those look good!
    That's before baking.

Boolit Buddy
    Those are too high of temps imo. I’ll have to look at what my oven is set at but it’s certainly not that high
    That s what the direction say... Fahrenheit btw

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 10sandxs View Post
    That s what the direction say... Fahrenheit btw

I have mine set around 350 so its not that much higher but it is still higher This is in a commercial grade convection oven (electric) If I went around the 385-400 range then it did make the colors darker. At 350, it keeps the colors a bit brighter. The pics I posted above are coated and baked twice, sized and tumbled. Also, the suggested temp is 180c which converts to 356 Fahrenheit

Boolit Man
    I have mine set around 350 so its not that much higher but it is still higher This is in a commercial grade convection oven (electric) If I went around the 385-400 range then it did make the colors darker. At 350, it keeps the colors a bit brighter. The pics I posted above are coated and baked twice, sized and tumbled. Also, the suggested temp is 180c which converts to 356 Fahrenheit
    I have a commercial walk in rack oven so my temps are very stable. So 360 is probably right on the money.

Boolit Bub
    I have a commercial walk in rack oven so my temps are very stable. So 360 is probably right on the money.
    A walk-in oven??? You're REALLY serious about bullet-making!

Boolit Grand Master

Your kidding....
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    Your kidding....
    Truly, he is the Chosen One.

Boolit Bub
    Eventually we will have one of those as well but for now its a convection oven LOL. With my trays I can bake a good amount of bullets at a time though even with the smaller oven. But I also did use temp probes to check the temp in the oven and also inside the bullets which the temp is pretty accurate. 360 would also be fine since its within a few degrees of the suggested 356

Boolit Master

why BCB was spending lots of money advertising on facebook, I begged them to sign up for this site and post some articles with pictures. Their failure to do so was a red flag for me.

Boolit Bub
    Well, I have no reason to fault the company; the person with whom I corresponded was extremely prompt and very helpful. It's not a question of their stubbornness that they're limited in their shipping options, it's a result of the deteriorating situation in that country that prevents them using their postal system. At least they communicated with me. I emailed a European mould maker the same day asking the same question (regarding shipping) and never got a reply. Ditto a well-known American specialty die maker that I messaged long before that on their own website, with a simple technical question about one of their die sets. I've been completely ignored. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for die sets in the future.

Boolit Man
    Well, I have no reason to fault the company; the person with whom I corresponded was extremely prompt and very helpful. It's not a question of their stubbornness that they're limited in their shipping options, it's a result of the deteriorating situation in that country that prevents them using their postal system. At least they communicated with me. I emailed a European mould maker the same day asking the same question (regarding shipping) and never got a reply. Ditto a well-known American specialty die maker that I messaged long before that on their own website, with a simple technical question about one of their die sets. I've been completely ignored. Looks like I'll be looking elsewhere for die sets in the future.
    A local bullet maker here that I shoot with was contacted by Ruan to be a North American supplier of BCB coatings but he turned it down. So they are trying pretty hard to resolve the North American shipping issues.
    Last edited by Thomas918; 01-19-2023 at 04:47 PM.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by jaysouth View Post
    why BCB was spending lots of money advertising on facebook, I begged them to sign up for this site and post some articles with pictures. Their failure to do so was a red flag for me.
    I'm sure they don't see it as a good use of time. They are a bullet caster in addition to selling their coatings. It's not a red flag for me but it is a missed opportunity to show people the product. Also the fact that a bigger sponsor here HiTek has a dedicated following.

Boolit Man

Boolit Bub
    A local bullet maker here that I shoot with was contacted by Ruan to be a North American supplier of BCB coatings but he turned it down. So they are trying pretty hard to resolve the North American shipping issues.
    Hopefully someone will get moving on this. It could be a great business opportunity for anyone who is willing to do it properly. An established business would have no problem receiving courier shipments, and would be able to order in sufficient quantities that the bogus service charges would not significantly affect the per unit price.

Boolit Bub
    I'm guessing MP Molds? I have had the same issues with them and the lack of responses. I have emailed and even messaged on FB and no responses at all! I Can't just order off the the site I need to chat with them but the lack of responses makes me not want to deal with them at all. It isn't that hard to send a response to an email or message on FB... I do it all the time

Boolit Bub
    I have as well and did so when he was brand new to North America but he said he would think about it. I have also sent him messages recently with no response at all. No idea why he is ignoring me all together now as I'm just trying to see if he is working on anything new plus see if he is interested in the distribution idea again. I'm thinking he would not be able to keep up with demand like that which is why he doesn't wish to do it. Thats just my opinion and I can completely understand if that's the case.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast