Lee PrecisionRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply Wideners
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Bullet Corp Coatings

Boolit Bub
    Is the colour change between the two photos a result of additional coats, or just a change in lighting?
    Personally, I'd rather learn from other peoples' mistakes.

Boolit Man
    The color change was because of the phone flash. In direct daylight they don't look much different from the no flash pic

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas918 View Post
    The color change was because of the phone flash. In direct daylight they don't look much different from the no flash pic
    DOH! Just re-read the caption and realised "flash on, flash off" referred to the photoflash, not flashing the coating.

Boolit Bub

image uploading

Here is some BCB blue. Flash on/flash off. 50/50 acetone and isopropyl alcohol. 360 for 14 minutes in a rotating walk in rack oven
    How many ML of the coating per LB of bullets?

Boolit Bub

image uploading

Here is some BCB blue. Flash on/flash off. 50/50 acetone and isopropyl alcohol. 360 for 14 minutes in a rotating walk in rack oven
    I use MEK which makes it easier than mixing.

Boolit Man
    .8ml per lb. My bucket has lots of left over from previous batches so if you start with a clean bucket I would start with 1.1ml per

Boolit Bub
    .8ml per lb. My bucket has lots of left over from previous batches so if you start with a clean bucket I would start with 1.1ml per
    Recommended to be 1.5ML per Lb. Do you also tumble till they are basically dry?

Boolit Man
    In the instructions they say to use 1ml for 300-350grams of additional bullets. Now I could have read that wrong and they meant after the first 1-3kg where you use 10ml of solution to coat the bucket. Since my bucket was dirty I threw in 5bs and used 4mls. It wouldnt hurt to use more for sure especially if it's the second or third coat. I stop tumbling right when I notice I takes a little more effort to spin in the bucket. I tumbled my bucket too long once and it just left the bullet with a rough surface. You could just throw them back in the bucket with some acetone to "wet" them and swirl again to smooth them out.

Boolit Bub
    Well, there has been much happened since I last posted. I contacted the U.S. agents for BCB Coatings and thier rep (Hi Kristy!) went well above and beyond to work out the shipping issue for me. My initial misgivings about their service were totally unwarranted, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I took delivery today of my first shipment of powder, no muss, no fuss, and I'm chomping at the bit to put it into action.

I'm exceedingly grateful to Kristy for all her help, and I can highly recommend the U.S. distributor for first-class service.

Boolit Man
    That's great to hear. I ordered some red from straight shooter supply. I am pretty unhappy with hitek's red because it was flaking off during sizing. And scraping very easy during seating. I'm happy to coat all my newer stuff with BCB red now. I have blue, red, and lime so far and I love how well they adhere to the bullet

Boolit Bub
    That's great to hear. I ordered some red from straight shooter supply. I am pretty unhappy with hitek's red because it was flaking off during sizing. And scraping very easy during seating. I'm happy to coat all my newer stuff with BCB red now. I have blue, red, and lime so far and I love how well they adhere to the bullet
    HT isn’t that good compared to BCB. You can still get flaking with BCB if you don’t prep the bullets right or bake them long enough without darkening them too much by over baking.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf View Post
    Well, there has been much happened since I last posted. I contacted the U.S. agents for BCB Coatings and thier rep (Hi Kristy!) went well above and beyond to work out the shipping issue for me. My initial misgivings about their service were totally unwarranted, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I took delivery today of my first shipment of powder, no muss, no fuss, and I'm chomping at the bit to put it into action.

I'm exceedingly grateful to Kristy for all her help, and I can highly recommend the U.S. distributor for first-class service.
    That’s good to hear. Glad to hear you got what you have been wanting as well

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456