Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWideners
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liquid lube

Boolit Mold

Liquid lube

Casting a Lee Bator 22 boolet. Its the little short stuby one with gas check. Is there a lube I could use instead of trying to run these thru a lub,sizer [rcbs]? Then I would run them thru a Lee sizer die to put on the checks. I really dont want to powder coat yet.

Boolit Grand Master

Boolit Master
    Denmark (a greasy little spot in Scandinavia)
    Atf

Boolit Master
    Do a search for Ben’s liquid Lube on this forum!
    Long, Wide, Deep, and Without Hesitation!

At some point perhaps there should be a listing begun of liquid wax products containing carnauba and what success people achieved with them.

Moderator Emeritus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    When you buy a Lee sizer die, it comes with a bottle of Lee Liquid Alox. So if you buy Lee sizers in multiple calibers, you could have a lifetime supply of bullet lube!

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't think Lee packs any alox with a bullet sizer die like they did in the past.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I don't think Lee packs any alox with a bullet sizer die like they did in the past.
    Oh, I see they sell a new universal die holder, and then sizers are only 10.00 each.

The older style are still available from a lot of sellers. I only need 3 more to fill my collection, and I think I'll get the older ones, if I can. Simple screw in/out, rather than fiddling with the universal setup. Plus LLA for decades!

Boolit Master
    Lee alox

Boolit Buddy

The 45/45/10 in Ben's (2) reply is my favorite lube. It is very economical and works great.

Boolit Grand Master
    I felt it was good to mention because some may not want to ( or even can locate ) the needed materials for making Ben's Liquid Lube.

Boolit Master
    I don't get it everyone keeps talking about lubes that are great and I want to use them but then I look at the ingredients and they use materials that haven't been made in years. Yes Ben i just noticed your post you are right! Thanks for posting the link I saw it and so happy to have this ready-made, i tried making some kind of mix with LLA and mineral spirits and Johnsons paste wax and it was a disaster. I saved you linked page to my favorites. I don't see myself ever powder coating bullets, but soon a lube-sizer will be on my short list. I wish there was somewhere I could watch someone show the different models and how to use them and what lube works best in the different models and different speeds.
    Last edited by ebb; 12-26-2022 at 02:12 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I felt it was good to mention because some may not want to ( or even can locate ) the needed materials for making Ben's Liquid Lube.
    Yep-- When I die my daughter has all sorts of things she would like to have, but my second son, who is a caster/reloader, just wants my supply of Alox and Johnson's liquid wax
    Hick: Iron sights!

Quote Originally Posted by ebb View Post
    I don't get it everyone keeps talking about lubes that are great and I want to use them but then I look at the ingredients and they use materials that haven't been made in years. Yes Ben i just noticed your post you are right! Thanks for posting the link I saw it and so happy to have this ready-made, i tried making some kind of mix with LLA and mineral spirits and Johnsons paste wax and it was a disaster. I saved you linked page to my favorites. I don't see myself ever powder coating bullets, but soon a lube-sizer will be on my short list. I wish there was somewhere I could watch someone show the different models and how to use them and what lube works best in the different models and different speeds.
    Yes sir, that was the idea behind post #5.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    At some point perhaps there should be a listing begun of liquid wax products containing carnauba and what success people achieved with them.
    I was able to find 'Lundmark's' at Ace Hardware about 3 years ago. My 'BLL' works fine for pistol bullets. hc18flyer

Boolit Grand Master

LLA (Lee's liquid lube) will work just fine. Just follow the directions and don't use too much. Bullets just need a golden hue on them. Let them dry thoroughly before loading.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gloob View Post
    Oh, I see they sell a new universal die holder, and then sizers are only 10.00 each.

The older style are still available from a lot of sellers. I only need 3 more to fill my collection, and I think I'll get the older ones, if I can. Simple screw in/out, rather than fiddling with the universal setup. Plus LLA for decades!
    I couldn't find any reference to a Lee universal die holder? Did you mean NOE's?

Lee still lists their standard push through sizers but the LLA is sold separately now.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

BLL works fine for normal velocity rifle also - 2 coats. NOE stuff drops into the Lee universal flare tool.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I've been using a 50/50 blend of JPW/LLA for about 5 years now. Its easy to make, dries fast, inexpensive and best of all - it works great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast