Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Hensley & Gibbs 6-Cavity Moulding Handle Help!

Boolit Mold

Hensley & Gibbs 6-Cavity Moulding Handle Help!

Good Morning!

I recently picked up a Hensley & Gibbs 6-Cavity #50 Mould. It did not come with handles, and I am trying to figure out what I can do to get it up and running. The slots fit NOE handles perfectly, but the pivot pin holes in the handles are too small. I don’t think there is enough “meat” to drill them out to a sufficient size. Does anyone know where I could source a pair of handles that may fit? I have contacted KAL Tool & Die and am waiting for a response. I have linked a photo album with pictures and some dimensions.

https://imgur.com/a/DiLb8gP

Thanks for your help!

-Kirby

Boolit Master
    Kirby, welcome aboard.

My thoughts for what they are worth:

I would consider building up the area where the pivot pins pass through the handles. Rather than building up that area with weld I would braze or silver solder a strip of metal over the outside edge of the handles at that point and then drill out the holes. That would mean the handles could only be used with that mould. It may be possible to use a replaceable bushing to allow the use of the handles on other moulds.

Again, just my thoughts.
    BIG OR SMALL I LIKE THEM ALL, 577 TO 22 HORNET.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Afkirby View Post
    Good Morning!

I recently picked up a Hensley & Gibbs 6-Cavity #50 Mould. It did not come with handles, and I am trying to figure out what I can do to get it up and running. The slots fit NOE handles perfectly, but the pivot pin holes in the handles are too small. I don’t think there is enough “meat” to drill them out to a sufficient size. Does anyone know where I could source a pair of handles that may fit? I have contacted KAL Tool & Die and am waiting for a response. I have linked a photo album with pictures and some dimensions.

https://imgur.com/a/DiLb8gP

Thanks for your help!

-Kirby
    I saw a set of H&G handles on evilbay just today with this search parameter: "bullet mold handles used" for a buy it now of $53 plus $16 shipping.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

The lowest risk most cost effective way to obtain six cavity Hensley & Gibbs handles would be to buy another six cavity mould that already has handles. As an FYI, six, 8 and 10 cavity mould handles are interchangeable, about 75% of the time for the moulds made between circa 1941 and the early 1980's.

I understand buying another mould may not be the most sensible thing to do, but if you want handles that are aligned in the correct axis for that mould to work properly, then Six Cavity Hensley & Gibbs mould handles are what you need.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://www.hensleygibbs.com

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Boolit Master
    I have an extra set of handles. I'll have to dig them up but PM me with your slot width