Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you pray?

With the tech, social scoring and financial systems now being fielded we're staring right at what it takes to implement the mark. Recognizing that gave me a little different, I suppose somewhat more immediate way of looking at "lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil". Until just now writing this I hadn't thought about it as something to pray about. As if to say, how many good people do you know that haven't a clue about the gearing up for the mark? Then again, perhaps Christians on this forum aren't versed in the tech, the social scoring systems, the financial systems; their eminence and immediacy. Any how, I'm adding some prayers about this for people who need help in becoming aware.

No.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Quote Originally Posted by JackMark View Post
    I was born into a Christian family, so I have followed a religion since birth. I am partially an atheist because I do not believe in God, but I like religion's benefits.
    I imagine you've had some discussions and arguments with your family and I'm sorry about that.

So do you spend any time in contemplative thought if not prayer then?
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Without getting into a long winded tale of how I've gotten to this point, I will simply state "right prayer or wrong prayer, any prayer is better than no prayer".
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by JackMark View Post
    ................I am partially an atheist because I do not believe in God, but I like religion's benefits.
    If you do not believe in God, then you are an atheist.
    There is nothing partial about that.
    1A - 2A = -1A

Boolit Master
    "Ask rain from the Lord in the season of the spring rain, from the Lord who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field.

For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd."

Zechariah 10:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Over breakfast the wife made mention of what we pray for. It reminded me of something I used to pray for, that our Lord not give up on our country, our people. And I don't know when I stopped praying that. But tonight before I go to sleep, yep.

Banned

I think prayer is very varied and diverse. You can have conversations with God, Jesus or the HS. You can do repetitive and organized prayers, you can do prayers asking for the needs of yourself and others, etc. I consider meditation to be a state of focusing on something for a specific reason and specific goal. Christians can mediate through prayer and is still based in the Lord. You can read Psalms and see all of this type of praying represented and various saints discuss all these types of prayers. Some people pray in tongues. I believe in it and don't do it myself and it is uncommon. Prayer and the HS are not limited by constructs of men and religion. Pray as you see fit and feels right but be open to diversity of prayers.

I like to include "Not my will, but thine be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven"

Not sure why, it just feels right. But I don't get the impression the Lord is saying NO to my prayers very often.

I think it helps to stay humble.

If you have negative emotions in your heart towards anyone I don't think you will have much success.
    That crap is a bit like radioactive waste. It will eat through any container you put it in and poison you.

Bring up that memory of pain, look at it again with Jesus's eyes. Why did this person do this? Any chance they were in pain and did not know how to make it go away?
    Forgive them, allow tears to wash the pain away, cleansing your heart. Once your heart is clean and clear pray for the Holy Spirit to come dwell within it.

You may find it makes a big difference.

And yes while I sometimes forget to thank the Lord for another day on the green side of the grass. I am pretty good about thanking him for the day as I head to bed.

Remember that like any good parent. The Lord is not always going to give us what we want. But he will make sure we have what we need.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    I'll take JackMac's partial atheist as encouraging...

One of the six kinds of atheist
    are reasoning people who have carefully examined the Proofs of God
    and said: Really? Don't think so...
    (That was me, 46 years ago)
    (Thank You Jesus!)

Government school teaches that Scientism can explain everything.
    So people worship Scientists.
    And tithe to that belief that man can explain everything.
    So the IRS funds NASA "to explore the origins of the universe"
    for six billion bucks and more.
    Our telescopes did not see God.
    So we need a bigger telescope?

God Knows!
    We overturned RoevsWade
    and God snowed on the Colorado River (Big Time!)
    Cause and effect of prayer?
    God Knows!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123