RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionWideners
Titan Reloading

Thread: Small Pistol Primers?

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."

Small Pistol Primers?

SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS

Can anyone in this group recommend an honorable online vendor that sells small pistol primers that you don't have to jump through hoops before they'll sell them to you?

It's easy enough to find a few that still have them in stock but, those "Few" require you to buy more stuff than you really need before they'll sell you just the primers themselves.

Two or three of these online vendors takes payments through a Zelle money transfer but, even though I do have a Zelle account tied to my banking app, dealing in this way sort of raises alot of red flags in my head.

Virtually no local brick and mortar vendors have small pistol primers in stock in my area that I've been able to find. I've even posted ads in my local classifieds hoping to just trade straight across for some small pistol primers. I have three boxes of 100 large pistol primers that I don't need any more so, I was hoping to be able to just trade them straight across for some small pistol primers.

So far, I've had a couple of interested people contact me about it but, they live way far up in the northern part of our state. They ask me if I ever get out that way? If I do, they'd be happy to do a trade. I guess there's a primer shortage up north too. Unfortunately, I'm not desperate enough just yet to spend about twenty or thirty-bucks' worth of gas for a two- or three-hour drive just to trade for three boxes of primers.

Have any of you guys purchased reloading components online from a vendor using the Zelle money transfer app, or crypto currency?
    I have plenty of everything else for my reloading needs. I just need to replenish my small pistol primer supply, and I don't really want to have to buy over 150, 170 or whatever their given minimum purchase amount might be in order to buy the primers.

These prices are becoming eerily similar to the prices that big pharma is charging for the drugs they produce, and they seem to have no real incentive to ramp up production to meet demand if they can just keep raising prices on the production-runs they're getting out now.

HollowPoint

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve never seen any of what you describe from reputable suppliers. The Zelle and Cash App folks are scammers. Anyone that has minimum orders in the hundreds is a scammer. Reputable dealers sell you what you want and take credit cards. They may charge you a lot for the product. They will charge you HAZMAT and shipping, but that’s it.

I’m not aware of any reputable dealers with stock right now, but I’m not looking hard. If you want to find them, look at Midway, Nachez, Brownells, Powder Valley and other long established reloading suppliers every day. And when you see them, don’t gasp in shock at the price, because that’s what the price is. Buy or don’t buy. But be quick deciding, because stock doesn’t last long these days.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master
    I am getting notices every few days recently. Prices are high but primers are to be found.

All my emails are from reputable sellers who take credit cards.

Like stated in post #2, decide how much you are prepared to spend and do not hesitate when you find them. They sell out fast.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Powder Valley has Servicios Aventuras small pistol for $80/1000. Reported as good primers by a couple members here.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I’ve never seen any of what you describe from reputable suppliers. The Zelle and Cash App folks are scammers. Anyone that has minimum orders in the hundreds is a scammer. Reputable dealers sell you what you want and take credit cards. They may charge you a lot for the product. They will charge you HAZMAT and shipping, but that’s it.

I’m not aware of any reputable dealers with stock right now, but I’m not looking hard. If you want to find them, look at Midway, Nachez, Brownells, Powder Valley and other long established reloading suppliers every day. And when you see them, don’t gasp in shock at the price, because that’s what the price is. Buy or don’t buy. But be quick deciding, because stock doesn’t last long these days.
    Yea, that was my first inclination too. I generally have bought from some of the commonly known vendors like those you've listed but they are out of stock more often than not.

Yours is the second time I've heard of the "Servicious Aventuras" but I'd never heard of that before so I kind of wrote it off. I'll have to give it another look to get more detail.

Thanks for the reply.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mal Paso View Post
    Powder Valley has Servicios Aventuras small pistol for $80/1000. Reported as good primers by a couple members here.
    I had come across Powder Valley in my online search but I had never heard of this "Servicios Aventuras" brand of small pistol primers. Honestly, I thought it was some sort of gimmick. I'll have to give it another look. Thanks for the reply.

Most of the bigger and well known vendors are usually out of stock now days.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master

american reloading has the ginex primers, 80 a brick no hazmat and free shipping, think you have to buy a whole case of 5k but not sure
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Master
    Thanks guys. I gave this Powder Valley suggestion a shot.
    I'll let you know how those "Servicios Aventuras" primers work out.
    I'd never heard of them before so it should be interesting to me, and maybe to others.

HollowPoint

I just ordered 100k of them, hope they are ok
    ILSA MEMBER
    CLASS 6 FFL

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    american reloading has the ginex primers, 80 a brick no hazmat and free shipping, think you have to buy a whole case of 5k but not sure
    Have shoot about 200 hundred, of the 2,000. They have all gone bang, I have had no issues with fitting the primer pocket. Have loaded them in 38 spl, 327, and 32-20 ( got a new Uberti)!

Boolit Master
    FYI, it never hurts to look over the options at:

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/primers

Boolit Grand Master
    Armorally.com?

https://www.ammoshoponline.com/shop/...tina-qty-1000/

This site has the Servicios Adventuros primers for $76/k with free shipping for 2 or more bricks.

Boolit Mold
    I have both Ginex and Servicios Adventuros (SyA) primers. The Ginex ones seat hard in some brass.
    I went in on a case of the Ginex with a friend. They are too difficult to seat in some brass. I sort 9mm range pickups by headstamp after tumbling (OCD) so it's no trouble to find which brass works and use those. WIN and RP brass will take the Ginex, FC was ok, but Herters, PMC, and my brand new Starline 357 brass was way to tight for the Ginex.
    Traded a few hundred of the Ginex to another friend, an old fart reloader from way back, for the SyA. He reported no trouble with the Ginex, and I found the SyA to seat no problem even in my new Starline 357 brass.
    They all go bang.

Boolit Master
    It's reassuring to hear that these off-brand primers are working out well for folks.
    I'm still waiting on deliver of the 1000-pack of Servicios Aventuros primers I ordered a couple of days ago.

Group member, Backcut mentioned that the Ginex primers won't seat well in some 9mm cases. I have some range pick-up 9mm brass that's darn near impossible to seat the more commonly known primers into. This means that without reaming out the primer pockets there's no way I could have seated those Ginex primers into them. Oh well, I ordered the S-A small pistol primers so I should be good.

HollowPoint

Boolit Buddy
    I did this exact same dick dance reference small pistol primers here recently and finally decided to make my purchase through Targetsports USA.

I saw the places that were selling European primers online at somewhat decent prices reference todays market but just didn’t get a good vibe on how the wanted to do business (and I didn’t want to have to worry about them fitting the primer pockets of my brass).

Decided to go ahead and purchase Federal Small Pistol primers from Targetsports (I’ve done business with them many times) and call it good.

I didn’t pay any shipping but did have to pay sales tax and HAZMAT charges.

The difference in price between what I coulda got purchasing the foreign primers and what a paid for federals was just shy of 2 cents a primer.

My piece of mind is worth more than that.

Get on Targetsports email list (they’ll let you know when they have them in stock) and be ready to buy when the email hits.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GB1RD View Post
    I just ordered 100k of them, hope they are ok
    Never heard of them, but I wouldnt want to try out 100K. My buddy bought 100K WOLF back in the last crunch. The spp are absolute crap, about 10% failure rate. I can count on one hand how many failures I have had with US made primers in the last 300K rds or so. Hopefully they work. I have had a couple guys buy the Ginex, seem to work fine in stock Glock pistols.
    Last edited by fredj338; 11-17-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ATCDoktor View Post
    I did this exact same dick dance reference small pistol primers here recently and finally decided to make my purchase through Targetsports USA.

I saw the places that were selling European primers online at somewhat decent prices reference todays market but just didn’t get a good vibe on how the wanted to do business (and I didn’t want to have to worry about them fitting the primer pockets of my brass).

Decided to go ahead and purchase Federal Small Pistol primers from Targetsports (I’ve done business with them many times) and call it good.

I didn’t pay any shipping but did have to pay sales tax and HAZMAT charges.

The difference in price between what I coulda got purchasing the foreign primers and what a paid for federals was just shy of 2 cents a primer.

My piece of mind is worth more than that.

Get on Targetsports email list (they’ll let you know when they have them in stock) and be ready to buy when the email hits.
    I'm fairly certain now that the off-brand primers I just ordered will work out Ok after reading a bunch of the reviews on them.
    Although I do like to go out and shoot, this pack of 1k primers should last me a while. Besides that, once I find a likeminded local shooter who is willing to trade a few large pistol primers for an equal number of small pistol primers, that will make what I got coming in the mail last a bit longer still.

HollowPoint

Powder Valley. I have used them before, never had any problems.