Inline FabricationRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, November 11

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, November 11

Good morning all. I have to admit to being guilty of hesitating when I should be acting. Have a safe and blessed day.

The Supreme Climb

By Oswald Chambers

He said, "Take now your son…" —Genesis 22:2

God’s command is, “Take now,” not later. It is incredible how we debate! We know something is right, but we try to find excuses for not doing it immediately. If we are to climb to the height God reveals, it can never be done later— it must be done now. And the sacrifice must be worked through our will before we actually perform it.

So Abraham rose early in the morning…and went to the place of which God had told him” (Genesis 22:3). Oh, the wonderful simplicity of Abraham! When God spoke, he did not “confer with flesh and blood” (Galatians 1:16). Beware when you want to “confer with flesh and blood” or even your own thoughts, insights, or understandings— anything that is not based on your personal relationship with God. These are all things that compete with and hinder obedience to God.

Abraham did not choose what the sacrifice would be. Always guard against self-chosen service for God. Self-sacrifice may be a disease that impairs your service. If God has made your cup sweet, drink it with grace; or even if He has made it bitter, drink it in communion with Him. If the providential will of God means a hard and difficult time for you, go through it. But never decide the place of your own martyrdom, as if to say, “I will only go to there, but no farther.” God chose the test for Abraham, and Abraham neither delayed nor protested, but steadily obeyed. If you are not living in touch with God, it is easy to blame Him or pass judgment on Him. You must go through the trial before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because by going through the trial you learn to know God better. God is working in us to reach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become one.

Wisdom From Oswald Chambers

Jesus Christ can afford to be misunderstood; we cannot. Our weakness lies in always wanting to vindicate ourselves.
    The Place of Help
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Amen, obedience above our will!

Boolit Grand Master
    These are IMO always poor examples of "obedience".

It is one thing to have God speak to a person like Abraham, Moses, etc etc directly and that person obeys. It is quite different to read the Word of God and surmise or speculate on what God wants us to do or suffer.

God stopped speaking directly to man many centuries ago. He has a good reason for doing so. One day we will know that reason.

God is always there. That is something I trust in. I do not trust my ability to figure out why He does what He does. I have little confidence in believers who think they know.
    Don Verna