Titan ReloadingLoad DataWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New world rifle record

All good reasons for full auto fire.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

I have read of snipers in the middle east shooting one or more miles and hitting a human target with the first shot. They had to because the target is not going to stand there with the sniper walking his shots up to the target. By the time the sniper got off 3 or so the enemy is going fined you and you are going home in a body bag. 69shots for one hit is just a waste of good ammo.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Grand Master
    If they / he were /was shooting' at me at 4.4 miles, I'd keep my head down. Scoff all you want ~ that's a far piece.

Everytime i see a post about this it's the same deal so I must ask. Anyone here actually shoot ELR? Talk to anyone who does ELR ? I've studied and chatted with some folks who are pretty heavy into it and it's a completely different ball game then what the average guy does or thinks.
    It's like people saying how it's not impressive for an FClass shooter to shoot the groups they doo at 1000 because they use the equipment they do. Ok sweet, try it
    As far as military application, most of these types of setups wouldn't even be used for an antipersonnel role.
    But I digress
    A wise man will try to learn as much from a fool as he will from a master, for all have something to teach- Uncle Iroh
    MS Army Guard 2016-2021

Boolit Grand Master

For registered competition 1,000 yard or under. A buddy has 1,400 yards on his land but that is informal.

Skill is skill and luck is luck. It's a given to be serious in this arena very very good equipment/loads are required. At distance hitting your target or winning is mostly wind reading ability. That is a skill. When you are pushing the range well beyond a humans wind reading ability you are relying on luck.

Specifically on this shot (given the same equipment) every member here could make this shot. Once you get the elevation you just start lobing they into until you get lucky. That is not skill.

At 4.4 miles wind drift far outweighs the best of the best wind reading abilities.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 11-13-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog91 View Post
    Everytime i see a post about this it's the same deal so I must ask. Anyone here actually shoot ELR? Talk to anyone who does ELR ? I've studied and chatted with some folks who are pretty heavy into it and it's a completely different ball game then what the average guy does or thinks.
    It's like people saying how it's not impressive for an FClass shooter to shoot the groups they doo at 1000 because they use the equipment they do. Ok sweet, try it
    As far as military application, most of these types of setups wouldn't even be used for an antipersonnel role.
    But I digress
    HIJACK WARNING
    Is that you in your profile picture? I've wanted to ask what type of snake is that?
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12