RepackboxWidenersTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tree stand death

Boolit Master

tree stand death

wrong section ??
    My neighbor fell out of tree stand a couple days ago. He died. Not sure of details, he was a very experienced hunter who traveled the country bow hunting. He has a house full of mounts, and Savage 99's.
    He fell out of a tree on our shared property line 200 yds from his house.
    Go figure

BE SAFE - NEVER GET CASUAL -IT NOT JUST THE WEAPONS

Boolit Grand Master

Absolutely, it's almost never the weapons. Tree stand falls account for just about every hunting injury or death, it must be at least 90% of them. Wear a harness folks. Your better off walking around without your safety on than getting in a tree stand without a harness.

Sorry for your loss ascast.....that's a terrible thing.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    He was called home. Sorry for your loss ascast.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Absolutely, it's almost never the weapons. Tree stand falls account for just about every hunting injury or death, it must be at least 90% of them. Wear a harness folks. Your better off walking around without your safety on than getting in a tree stand without a harness.
    It's not always the stand. My wife's rheumatologist had a mishap with a crossbow in a blind, and bled to death before anyone found him.

https://kfor.com/news/local/he-lived...sbow-accident/

Quote Originally Posted by Scrounge View Post
    It's not always the stand. My wife's rheumatologist had a mishap with a crossbow in a blind, and bled to death before anyone found him.

https://kfor.com/news/local/he-lived...sbow-accident/
    That is horrible. It's always a good idea to stuff a tourniquet in the backpack.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    It's a shame to hear of the untimely death of any hunter/gun enthusiast.
    Complacency ends up being the ultimate cause of death in so many cases.
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Master

That's a tragedy. Sorry for your loss.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

It was raining during hunting season this year and those wood floors of the tree stands were slippery.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Buddy
    Prayers up for you and your neighbor.

Cast Boolits Owner

Prayers sent
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    If you’re building wooden stands to use in a tree, you’re asking for trouble. After a year or so of the tree blowing in the wind, and the action of the steel nails in the tree, the stand gets loose. We lost a family friend who used those types of stands for years and he was found dead after falling fifteen feet to the ground. He was also hunting alone a hundred miles from home. He’d been dead for at least three days when found after not calling in to home. He was 73 years old. Use a factory built stand and wear a harness. Also, let someone know where you are and report in at the end of the day.

Boolit Master
    My cousin died from a deer stand accident. Fell and broke his neck.

Boolit Master

My condolences for his family and friends. Simply terrible news.
    Sometimes it takes a second box of boolits to clear my head.
    Feed back thread http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...?261449-jeepyj

Boolit Master

Sorrowful news. Condolences and prayers for family and friends.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    He was called home. Sorry for your loss ascast.
    I continue to be amazed that folks believe God is responsible for the stupid things people do that get them killed.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Down here in SW Louisiana, just recently had the same accident happen! Please, guys, if you going to be in a climbing stand, put your damned harness on! You won’t be any less “ macho” for wearing a safety harness, in fact , you are showing “ machismo“ by thinking of your family! And, the checking in thing? Yeah, do that too! Nobody cares about where you at, ( hunting stands are a closely guarded secret, ya know), just check in when you go out, and back in! BTW, there’s an app on the smartphone called BaseMap, if you turn on your location services, and your friends do the same, you can actually check on them to see if they are moving towards home or not. We,my family that hunts, we all use it to check on each other.
    I’m sorry for your neighbor’s family. Condolences sent to them.

As always, just my opinions.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

I've heard it for the longest of time now once tree stands became more and more popular. If you hunt out of a tree stand long enough, it isn't a matter of it, it's a matter of when you fall out of one you get your lesson.

Our most famed game warden in the area took a spill out of his stand and broke an ankle. He was rewarded by the state by given the assignment of teaching Hunter Safety courses for a few months. He's a great guy, a fellow gun man, and heck of a hunter.

A lifelong friend of mine fell out of his tree stand 10 years ago and wound up having back surgery. Personally, I think it's time to pass on elevated stands. A good box blind looks like my best option from now on.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Master

I am sincerely sorry for the loss of this fine old gentleman. Not a good way to end a hunting career. The family is bound to be devastated. I am in agreement that a hut or a pop-up is the better way to go.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Yep, brother fell out, was drawing his bow, took a step forward, no stand under his front foot. found him two hours after dark, broke his neck, lived but is still disabled today, after 10 years. Totally unnecessary accident. You can not do much with dumb accidents, except just shake your head.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast