Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: padded palm shooting gloves.

Boolit Buddy

padded palm shooting gloves.

hey guy`s,
    recently bought a 4in s&w .44 mag. i have a couple of other 44`s but they are 6in and dont
    hurt the palm of my hand like this one does. was looking for a shooting glove with a padded palm swell.

the only one`s i can find are from Gripswell.com & a co. called Pro-aim. the gloves from P.A.S.T. are no longer
    being made. wondering if anyone knows of another company who makes padded palm shooting gloves.

not looking for a knock-off mechanics glove or anything like that. something specific for shooting only.

thank you!

I enjoy 44s using Uncle Mike's shooting gloves. some choice among their inventory_
    I use the leather half-fingers version, they are well padded on the hand web, not on the full palm, but they worked ok for me and lasted since around 2006 at today_
    Food is overrated. A nice rifle is way more important.
    Rob

Boolit Buddy
    i`ll take a look...thank you!

Boolit Grand Master

How about for shooting rivets?
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

You could try your local bike shop and cut the trigger finger out.
    I know you want shooting gloves but I have good luck with what I got from the bike shop.
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

in my case, and I'm quite obsessed with technical/protective gloves for all my activities, the best alternative choice has been full fingered plain Nomex flight gloves. green are more common, but black they better hide stains and traces of unburned powder. sold cheap used on any milsurp store, or ready available new everywhere on the web_btw_ not padded, but very comfortable when shooting .44 mag._ easy to cut to half-fing., of course, if preferred_
    Rob

Boolit Master
    Mountain biking gloves, is what I use. BTW, I don't cut the fingers off.

Winelover

Quote Originally Posted by winelover View Post
    ...BTW, I don't cut the fingers off...Winelover
    I agree: with full charge of .44, the trigger guard bouncing on my middle finger is my main issue, and more protected my knuckle is, more comfortable I am_
    Rob

check out golfing gloves. I was checking them out the other day for my wife as what she was using used to get stuck in the loading gate of the Beretta A400. but remember golfing gloves don't come as a pair, you need to buy a right and left (at least where I looked that is how it was)
    Last edited by compass will; 11-11-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    gripswell gloves are just that...but they have a nicely padded palm in them. so far i have not seen anything
    like them. i will probably go with them when they come back in stock.

thank guys

Boolit Master
    Some folks recommend batting gloves, but I haven't tried them. I've got a couple of guns that are much more pleasant to shoot with padded gloves, and it's about time for some new ones.
    Service members, veterans and those concerned about their mental health can call the Veterans Crisis Line to speak to trained professionals. To talk to someone, call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1, send a text message to 838255 or chat at VeteransCrisisLine.net/Chat.

If you or someone you know might be at risk of suicide, there is help. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255, text a crisis counselor at 741741 or visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

I use weight lifters gloves. Same as for other sports. Fingerless and padded palms.
    https://www.amazon.com/Atercel-Prote...g%2C594&sr=1-9
    Deplorable infidel

Boolit Buddy
    didnt think of those. thnx for the link. do you shoot a heavy mag 44?

I use padded palm handball gloves. I bought a cheap pair off of amazon and they have held up well for ten years.
    Due to the price of primers, warning shots will no longer be given!

Quote Originally Posted by lx2008 View Post
    didnt think of those. thnx for the link. do you shoot a heavy mag 44?
    I do shoot some top 44 loads when getting ready for deer season. 280 grs. at about 1150 fps. I use the glove for load development, sighting in and practice. It helps a lot to be able to shoot more rounds in an outing, and to keep from flinching from anticipating recoil.
    Deplorable infidel

I did not use padded gloves for shooting big bore handgun in the military, civilian silhouette plus other shooting sports since the 60s. Ended up needing surgery to return feeling in my 1st and middle fingers.

If shooting heavy recoiling guns bothers your hand, wrist or elbow, get a good gel padded shooting glove. I use Action gloves, no longer made, the palm pad extends down across the heel of the hand to protect the carpel tunnel area in the heel of the hand. It is very important to protect thst nerve in your hand.

Repetitive heavy recoil without padded protection, will eventually turn your palm tissue into a fibrous mass, resembling wood fiber. Mine was so bad from many decades of team shooting, the surgeon dulled three scalpels just cutting a new tunnel for the nerve, in the original area. The scar is a good 5" long. Now when I shoot I do so with a padded glove.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    i looked at a company called Gripswell.com . if u get a chance, check out the GS33 model and see if it was like your padded glove.
    or if you know of something similar...let me know please. thanks!

I have reported injuries similar to those described by Rapier occasionally using bare-handed power tools to work wood, due to their vibrations. and please note that I am only a hobbyist_
    evidently in the professional carpenter/w.working equipment sector in that type of activity there must be a range of pro-gel-padded gloves suitable to avoid it, and this could be another source to explore before any buy, on my 2c.
    Rob

well, when all else fails ...
    (originally normal gloves bought at a bike show, turned inside out, reinforced with reversed leather patches where needed, they worked for me as casting light protection and unexpectedly well with .44 mag.)
    Last edited by wilecoyote; 11-14-2022 at 09:28 PM.
    Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast