Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Snyders JerkyLoad DataWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: gun ranger sniper

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    Ok, NOW, How many of you think you could reach out to two miles or more? Here is a guy who treats 1,000 yards they way we treat 100! And note his shooting conditions, always windy. Although I would move there in a heartbeat just to shoot!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs3...niC-uMw/videos
    One of my subscriptions! They are great
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master

There are one or two at every range or club I have been too. I am almost 71 and it has happened all my life. Usually there will also be one goosing butterflies with a knife or bayonet.

Moderator Emeritus

Had a good one at the range the other day...

Gets out of his truck. I call it from the start seeing the combat boots and BDU's... he proceeds to put on body armor, a helmet, gets out an AR-15 with so much crap on it the weight is over 15 pounds(vs my minimalist AR at 7 pounds). He goes to the 25 yard line when we point out it is for 22 rimfire only, or pistols.

So he moves to the 50 yard lane. Fiddles and fusses with all the crap on the rifle then proceeds to make a 12" target look like it was hit with buckshot with NO shots on center...

he waves his target saying isn't that great then deflates seeing the target I pulled from the 300 yard line with every shot within a 4" circle(shooting cheap Federal ammo). From a stripped down AR with just a scope on it. No forward assist, no dust cover... slick side lightweight upper...

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Had a good one at the range the other day...

Gets out of his truck. I call it from the start seeing the combat boots and BDU's... he proceeds to put on body armor, a helmet, gets out an AR-15 with so much crap on it the weight is over 15 pounds(vs my minimalist AR at 7 pounds). He goes to the 25 yard line when we point out it is for 22 rimfire only, or pistols.

So he moves to the 50 yard lane. Fiddles and fusses with all the crap on the rifle then proceeds to make a 12" target look like it was hit with buckshot with NO shots on center...

he waves his target saying isn't that great then deflates seeing the target I pulled from the 300 yard line with every shot within a 4" circle(shooting cheap Federal ammo). From a stripped down AR with just a scope on it. No forward assist, no dust cover... slick side lightweight upper...
    Love seeing that.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    My experience is that the ones who 'look' the part or 'talk' the part.....generally aren't the ones who can actually shoot. It's the quiet, modest looking old guy at the end of the bench ya' need to be paying attention to!

Only problem is most of us quiet, modest looking old guys can’t see worth crap anymore so you better be paying attention.

My problem is that it's a 45 minute drive to the range and it's all steal targets. Their rifle range only goes to 100 yds. I practice when I can, but that's usually something like once a month (haven't yet gone for Nov).

That said, on my last trip, I was hitting a 6" plate at 25 yds with my 1911. Only missed once or twice out of ~20 shots (then the plate fell off the hanger, the range closed, and I went home...).
    "There is no saint without a past, no sinner without a future."

- Saint Augustine

He read the claims on the box and applied them to himself...
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

I've shot at a NATO demonstration shoot at 1600 yards and put 3 rounds touching into a 20 inch bullseye (bragging)
    The gun was 90mm on a M48A1 Tank, OK,, go ahead and top that !

Good Shooting

Lindy

Boolit Master

Well maybe a 16" gun on the old Battle Ships at 41,622 yards?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	440px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	307543
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Grand Master

Rhe proper answer for the guy bragging about his ar and big pattern is, good thing they make 40 rounders for that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345