RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: gun ranger sniper

Boolit Buddy

gun ranger sniper

I was at the gun range and this guy is going on about how he shoots at a 1000 yards and all that is involved at shooting at a 1000. ok cool glad for you. At a 100 he was not on paper ok, he is asking me where is he hitting, I tell I am not sure. I suggest starting at 25 yards, he give me an odd look but goes along with it. At 25 he is hitting 3 or 4 inches high and right. Then looks at his scope and is trying to figure out how to adjust it. I suggested (could be wrong) but 1/4 moa at 100=4 clicks 50 yards 8 and 25 yards I think it is 16 clicks. He looking his dial and not sure what to do the arrow is going right your shooting right so trun left. I just have to wonder how anyone who can shoot out to 1000 yards has so little knowldge of scope adjustment.

Vendor Sponsor

1000 yds in his mind or he went once with a buddy that had all the equipment already setup for 1000 yrds
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master

He said he shot at 1000 yds did he say how he did?

As a side note due to the 20 moa mounts on my 1000 yd rifle it wont zero at 200 yds. It will be on paper but at the top.

You meet all kinds at the range, Most are pretty decent but there are some real wanna bees.

Boolit Grand Master
    sounds like he wishes he could shoot at 1000 yards
    I'm with you if you don't know how to adjust your scope you are missing more than directions
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Anyone can shoot at 1000 yards, hitting the target is something else.
    Hell, I can shoot at the moon!

Boolit Buddy
    The majority of people you meet at the range, or in a gun shop, are full of ****. I hear crazy BS stories all day long...

Clowns like that is what helped make claiming stolen valor a felony.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    Delusion's of grander.. Just another want to be...
    YOU can learn something from anybody, Just with some it takes a whole lot longer....
    I shoot a 1000yds with iron sights, can go from less than 25yds out beyond 1200yds, just need to know the sight settings,
    I practice at 400 yds, that's the longest at the range I belong too..
    Last 1000yd match I shot 8-x, 1-9, 1-0. The 1-0 I messed up big time....

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Anyone can shoot at 1000 yards, hitting the target is something else.
    Hell, I can shoot at the moon!
    I shoot at 1000 yards plenty, even with handguns. It's fun to see how bullets behave, but no, I rarely hit at that range. Actually if I hit even once it is cause for celebration. That's getting so far that you can't hardly see the bullet impacts even in a well plowed field.

Boolit Master
    We had one the other week, knew all the rules for CCW in this state. I took down his target after he left as he didn't have the courtesy to do it himself. At 5 yards he covered the Whole 2x3 foot target with 9mm holes and no discernible pattern that I could see.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    The majority of people you meet at the range, or in a gun shop, are full of ****. I hear crazy BS stories all day long...
    I say very little to people I don't know. In my experience people who want to talk a lot generally don't have much to say that I want to hear. Too many people repeating too many things they just decided 'sounds right'.
    Last edited by Hannibal; 11-10-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

I’ve shot to 1,000 yards before. But only because I missed at 100.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    A person can keep their mouth shut and have others wonder about their intelligence or they can open their mouth and remove all doubt.

Boolit Master

It seems that a very small percentage of "gun guys" can actually shoot well. I've run into both types over the years. I've seen a lot of wannabees, and a few who make me feel like an amateur.

The last time I was at the range, there was a guy there shooting his Beretta 92 at 25 yards. He shot a box or two into maybe a 12" circle, seemed to be happy with that.

I try to be polite without butting into other people's business. If someone is friendly and talkative, I'll talk, but I don't want to bug someone if they don't.

I had a target set up at 100 yards and was done with my rifle, so I fired six rounds from the bench with my old 1917 S&W 45acp revolver. Getting ready to go, I came back from the 100 yard line with five shots inside 6" (one flyer off the paper, but still very good for me). He asked how I did so I showed him. His response was wow, great shooting... wow!

I know there are a lot of really great shots out there who can put me to shame with much better accuracy, but I don't think that guy realized the potential of his own gun until then.

My experience is that the ones who 'look' the part or 'talk' the part.....generally aren't the ones who can actually shoot. It's the quiet, modest looking old guy at the end of the bench ya' need to be paying attention to!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    It seems that a very small percentage of "gun guys" can actually shoot well. I've run into both types over the years. I've seen a lot of wannabees, and a few who make me feel like an amateur.

The last time I was at the range, there was a guy there shooting his Beretta 92 at 25 yards. He shot a box or two into maybe a 12" circle, seemed to be happy with that.

I try to be polite without butting into other people's business. If someone is friendly and talkative, I'll talk, but I don't want to bug someone if they don't.

I had a target set up at 100 yards and was done with my rifle, so I fired six rounds from the bench with my old 1917 S&W 45acp revolver. Getting ready to go, I came back from the 100 yard line with five shots inside 6" (one flyer off the paper, but still very good for me). He asked how I did so I showed him. His response was wow, great shooting... wow!

I know there are a lot of really great shots out there who can put me to shame with much better accuracy, but I don't think that guy realized the potential of his own gun until then.
    I watched a guy down the line from me, shooting a .45 - 1911 at a 12" steel plate at 210yds, off hand, one handed,
    out of a hand full of clips, I think he missed the plate once,
    I was very impressed....

Quote Originally Posted by BLAHUT View Post
    I watched a guy down the line from me, shooting a .45 - 1911 at a 12" steel plate at 210yds, off hand, one handed,
    out of a hand full of clips, I think he missed the plate once,
    I was very impressed....
    Impressive! I can hit a 12” at 100 yards maybe 70% with a 1911.

Boolit Grand Master

It's not as easy as the video game that snowflake is used to playing!
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    The Concealed Carry classes shot down my first range roof over my target and sand trap....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    Impressive! I can hit a 12” at 100 yards maybe 70% with a 1911.
    I wish some day to learn to shoot a pistol with such accuracy ? A rifle for me, no problem, a pistol a problem.... With my .223 I can shoot and hit a 1/2" bolt in the end of a chain at the 210 yds steel 49 out of 50 rounds, I need to spend more time with a pistol ??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast