Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: Marine Corps

Boolit Master

Marine Corps

Happy Birthday Marines.

Thanks! Semper Fi and back at ya!
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master

Uggggghhhhhhh Raaaaaa.

For those who do not know; General Lejuene published the 1st Marine Corps birthday message.

On November 1st, 1921 John A. LeJeune, 13th Commandant of the Marine Corps, directed that a reminder of the honorable service of the Corps be published by every command, to all Marines throughout the globe, on the birthday of the Corps. Since that dat Marines have continued to distinguish themselves on many battlefields and foreign shores, in war and peace. On this birthday of the Corps, therefore, in compliance with the will of the 13th Commandant, Article 38, United States Manual, Edition of 1921, is republished as follows:

(1) On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of the Continental Congress. Since that date, many thousand men have borne the name Marine. In memory of them, it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the Birthday of our Corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

(2) The record of our Corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of it's existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the nations foes. From the battle of Trenton to the Argonne. Marines have won foremost honors in war, and in the long eras of tranquility at home. Generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

(3) In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our Corps Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term Marine has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

(4) This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the Corps. With it we also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our Corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

"The inspiring message of our 13th Commandant has left its mark in the hearts and minds of all Marines. By deed and act from Guadalcanal to Iwo Jima, from Inchon to the Korean Armistice, in interventions from Lebanon to the Dominican Republic, and from the opening battles in Vietnam to the Mayaguez rescue, Marines have continued to epitomize those qualities which are their legacy. The success which they have achieved in combat and the faith they have borne in peace will continue. The Commandant and our many friends have added their hearty praise and congratulations to this, our _____ birthday (underscore supplied.)

Tradition is that each Commandant publishes a Birthday Message. This year the Commandants Birthday message is:

10 November 2022

A MESSAGE FROM THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS

70 years ago, Army Major General Frank E. Lowe was quoted as saying, "The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight." That testimonial rings as true now as it did then, and will remain so tomorrow. As we celebrate the 247th anniversary of our Corps' founding, we reflect on nearly two and a half centuries of exceptional prowess, while also taking objective stock of where we are today and how we will prepare for future battlefields. Our birthday provides us a chance to focus on the one thing common to our success in the past, present, and future: the individual Marine. Victories are not won because of technology or equipment, but because of our Marines.

Since 1775, Marines have fought courageously and tenaciously in every conflict our country has faced. Through the Revolution, the Spanish-American War, World Wars in Europe and the Pacific, conflicts in Korea and Vietnam, and operations in the Middle East, Marines consistently earned a reputation as the world's elite fighting force. We inherit and take pride in this reputation, evolved over time by Marines acquitting themselves with honor and distinction on every battlefield in every clime and place. Battlefields change, and Marines have always adapted to the environment and the changing character of war - but the reason we fight and win is immutable. It's the individual warfighters, and their love for each other, that makes our Corps as formidable a force today as it has been for the past 247 years. It's our ethos and our unapologetic resolve to be the most capable and lethal fighting force that sets us apart from the rest.

Current events around the world remind us that peace is not guaranteed. While we are justifiably proud of our past and pay tribute to the remarkable warfighters who came before us, we understand that the stories of yesterday cannot secure our freedom tomorrow. We must be ready to respond when our Nation calls. It falls on Marines who are in uniform today to write the next chapter of our Corps. The solemn responsibility of maintaining our illustrious warfighting legacy rests upon your shoulders. I know that you are up to that task. The battlefields of tomorrow are uncertain. The future characteristics of warfare are uncertain. But one thing is certain - wherever Marines are called, they will fight and win - today, tomorrow, and into the future.

Happy 247th Birthday, Marines!

At each of the Marine Birthday ceremonies held across the world; there is a tradition that the 1st piece of cake goes to the Oldest Marine present; and the 2nd goes to the Youngest. At my 1st Marine Birthday Ball I was scheduled to be the Youngest - but 2 days before the Ball a "New Guy" showed up (I was happy not to be the one in the spotlight at that time as I found the attention and preparation to be embarrassing). We were blessed at my 1st Marine Birthday Ball to have as our oldest; a Marine who had served as a private in the Spanish American War!! The linkage of generation to generation of Marines is important.

Marine Birthday Balls are held anywhere Marines are gathered; from the fanciest digs in the city - to two Marines sitting in a fighting position dug into the ground.

To my fellow Marines - Happy Birthday
    Semper Fidelis Marines.
    Last edited by MUSTANG; 11-10-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

To my fellow Marines, Happy Birthday, wherever you are. Semper Fi

Boolit Buddy

Happy Birthday from we who appreciate what you have done. GW

Boolit Master
    Happy Birthday, Marines!
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Although I am an army man, I have served alongside many former US Marines who changed uniforms. They were excellent solders across the board. God bless the United States Marine Corps, now and always!

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Master

As a Marine, a son in law of a Marine, a nephew of a Korean War Marine and a father of two Marines, I offer a hearty Happy Birthday to all former and current Marines.

Semper Fi
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Happy Birthday Marine Corps. Navy man my-self but served with many Marines and our son was a Marine.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master
    My son was due to be born on this day 29 years ago. He was late (as many first born are) and he came the following day. Today, however, he celebrates his Marine Corps Birthday as an E-6 and tomorrow will celebrate his natural birth on Veterans Day. God Bless the Corps and all who serve. God Bless America.

Boolit Grand Master

Happy Birthday, Marines and God Bless Chesty Puller wherever you are.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Moderator Emeritus

Well, I just found out that our youngest grandson (17 years old) has just gotten permission from our daughter to join the Marines when he graduates from high school next month!

He leaves for MCRD San Diego on 27 January, 2023. Now, I will get to experience what my parents went through during my years in the Corps from 68-71!

Happy Birthday to all Marines, those still alive and those that are now "guarding the streets of Heaven". You may be gone but you will never be forgotten. I've been out now for over 50 years and there is seldom a day goes by that I don't think of those Marines I served beside that never came home.
    Semper Fidelis, TreeTop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    Semper Fi

Boolit Master

Happy birthday to all my brothers . We earned having two birthdays.

Boolit Bub
    Happy Birthday to all my brothers .

Semper Fi my brothers.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Tun Tavern
    Attachment 306733
    Happy belated Birthday
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Belated Happy Birthday to the lot of you. Normally I'm on top of these posts but this year I'm a bit behind with a good excuse..

On November 10th we found ourselves on Parris Island attending the Graduation Ceremony of our Oldest grandson from 1st Battalion C Co Plt 1080. Unfortunately mother nature was throwing a bit of a fit (hurricane Nicole) and the ceremony was moved inside and most of the Pomp and Circumstance of the ceremony was lost. It was a full house in the "Indoor Training Facility" and we ended up in the base theater to view the ceremony (Grandma was not pleased)

Another note from the day, the sister company graduating with them, 4th Bn N Co, was the last all female company, all battalions now have "integrated" classes.

Our Grandson is one of the young people that give me hope for the future of this country. As with anyone in the current military I don't know if he will be one and done or go for a full career. Either way we will support him in his choices. Grandpa and Uncle (USMC) and his other 2 Uncles (Army- not sure where I went wrong there) will of course offer plenty of advice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silver Doors.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	306892