RepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2

Thread: Back at it again!

Boolit Buddy

Back at it again!

After a 4-5 year hiatus I decided to get back into casting. Fortunately I had kept my lead pot. I got a cheap Lee 35-200 for my 358 Winchester. Got some COWW for free, purchased a bit of pewter, and ready to go again. Fired up the pot last eve and cast a few to make sure I can still do it. The new lee mold worked well, after a few reps it was dropping nice usable bullets. I will be powder coating them and loading them up with some Reloader 7 and seeing how they shoot.
    The biggest reason I started again was that bullet prices keep creeping up. Most .358 bullets start at .40-.45 each and go up from there. With what I paid for the pewter, gator checks, and powder, I figured they will cost me .05 or .06 each. I like that! If I can get 1800-2000 fps with accuracy under 2" at 100 yards I will be happy. Plan on sticking one through the ribs of a deer this season to see how they perform, figure they will do well!

Boolit Master
    Oooh, might take a look at the method of seating those gas checks. Is the one in the middle secure on the base?

Boolit Buddy
    No, just pressed them on with my finger to make sure they will work ok, after the photo they were run through a lee sizing die.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    It’s cooled down and I’m getting ready to start doing some casting. I just realized that the receptacle I use is not working. What to do? Trouble shot or run an extension cord for the time being and worry about it later?

Quote Originally Posted by GregLaROCHE View Post
    It’s cooled down and I’m getting ready to start doing some casting. I just realized that the receptacle I use is not working. What to do? Trouble shot or run an extension cord for the time being and worry about it later?
    Fix that outlet. If it isn't working, it could be arcing. !! Says the guy who is the worst electrician around. jd
    It seems that people who do almost nothing, often complain loudly when it's time to do it.

Boolit Master

Good for you man. I tell you, powder coating is a game changer.

If you can trace it back, you might find that there is a GFCI upstream of that outlet that has tripped. I presume you are dealing with European 220V?

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Back to the OP; Those boolits look very nice, and should work well for hunting. Best of luck to you.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy
    I got a micrometers to measure exact diameter and was pleasantly surprised to see they were consistently dropping at .3588-.3591. I can work with that!